Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 896 Comments sorted by
  • With the whole gig cancellation thing, I've had loads of artists cancel gigs I was due to attend.  I think in every instance bar one I wasn't given an explanation.  (the one time was whilst I was actually at a gig, watched the support act who were thankfully quite good and then the act came on stage apologising because one of them was really ill and really thought they'd be ok to play but he wasn't and they didn't want to give a rubbish performance or make him worse).

Most of the time I don't get anything more than an email from the ticket sales company saying I'm eligible for a refund.  I don't know if I've just had bad experiences etc but I really wouldn't expect anything further. 
  • Common decency comes to mind. You're probably right VF just expected more from our Alison. Most of the tickets bought would be to locals who've gained their Thursday evening back - just us die hard fans flying in from foreign parts that suffer!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I'm guessing she's pretty cheesed off too, and the band... :-L
  • While I'm ranting by the way, I'm still ranting about my flipping laptop! It was "mended" by the " experts" at Knowhow; I got it home, switched it on, loaded up my ( thankfully) recovered data.....then the thing nuked again and the screen morphed into a very pretty squiggly rainbow mush-up! So back I went to PCWorld, handed it over again.....and left now not being able to work from home, grrrrrr.....
    Sad how dependent we are nowadays on our electronic gizmos, but unfortunately true. Sigh...
  • KatRobin said:

I'm guessing she's pretty cheesed off too, and the band... :-L

They could buy my flights and hotel room off me and go and relax to get over it if they like as my reason for going appears to have gone. I have it on good authority that they are all free that night but busy again the night after !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm sorry for you UT. :(
  • KatRobin said:

I'm sorry for you UT. :(

I'll get over it Kat. Just think it shows bad form.
    As my Dad would have said 'bloody pop stars, why don't they get their hair cut !'
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-07-30 04:19:03
  • KatRobin said:

I'm sorry for you UT. :(

I'll get over it Kat. Just think it shows bad form.
    As my Dad would have said 'bloody pop stars, why don't they get their hair cut !'

Just been reading up on Kübler-Ross and the 5 stages of grief.
    Appy and I seem to be at the 'bloody irritated' stage.
  • Are you sure you're not talking about the menstrual cycle?!
  • TMI

Men suck.

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-10 22:45:03
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Is it just me or is anyone else getting rather pissed off with this ice bucket challenge malarky?

• Quite right. A third of the world's population do the challenge on the left everyday. A minority of self obsessed twats do the challenge on the right. If celebrities want a real challenge, why do they not donate £500 to an appropriate aid charity every time they are challenged?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-28 03:10:19
  • Quite honestly, it is likely that they do. If not for reasons of the heart, then for tax purposes, most (if not all) celebrities donate more than my annual income to charities throughout the year. Rarely, though, will you catch them doing it on video. That would be crass to say the least (sorry, Patrick Stewart.). IMO, the icebucket challenge just looks like an opportunity to turn a fundraising event into a little fun. I say 'great idea' at a time when we're so busy honoring the dead with tears, protesting with our arms in the air, or chasing down villains with pitchforks, torches, and drones. But I'm a cunt if I remember correctly.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Em Iuv - not sure I'm on the same page with this. The stats say in excess of 5m people have done this - if the average bucket is 1 gallon - do the math (as you would say) in excess of 1.2m Californians have done this 1.2m gallons of water and they are in the worst drought for years! There are equatorial nations that will be at war over water supplies in the not too distant future. Hardly a well thought through challenge however noble the sentiments. If you want to contribute to charity then just do it!
  • Appy61 said:

Em Iuv - not sure I'm on the same page with this. The stats say in excess of 5m people have done this - if the average bucket is 1 gallon - do the math (as you would say) in excess of 1.2m Californians have done this 1.2m gallons of water and they are in the worst drought for years! There are equatorial nations that will be at war over water supplies in the not too distant future. Hardly a well thought through challenge however noble the sentiments. If you want to contribute to charity then just do it!

I`d say estimates and not "stats" , but even so 

People don`t just "contribute to charity" , there is inertia to humans (and a million other things to ponder about without a stimulus) - the charity (quite candidly) couldn`t give a flying fuck about peoples motivations to give . Personally , I think it`s a good "nudge" method of raising awareness of MND in the first place (and funds) , there will be people wanking their ego to do it but meh! so what , until I`m King there won`t be a Self Absorbed Twat Police Unit put together . Misuse of water - I`ll get my gallon and stick it in a jiffy bag to Africa .

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!