Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 896 Comments sorted by
  • I read this morning about UKIP's Newark by-election candidate MP Roger Helmer's comments about homosexuality and likening gay marriage to "marrying pigs". I feel physically sick now. And this is the party that caused ructions in the elections? People are so bloody stupid- all they were concerned about was Farage's views on immigration...they didn't bother to question any of his party's other (dubious) political views. 
    PS Having had relationships with men in the past, I can vouch for the fact (as many millions can) that being with a boorish control-freaking ignorant lazy emotionally-crippled bloke is far far worse than being with a pig. I'm with Caligula on this one. I'd sooner be hitched to a horse. Happily I am with a beautiful, kind, talented and sensitive lady....and planning our marriage. So stick that you UKIP moron. These men.....so insecure......

PS These views do not reflect my opinion of the male species generally. I'm sure there are decent ones out there. Somewhere. Maybe on this forum (liking good music is a start).
  • Well, if you're lucky, Kat, UKIP will go the way of the american Republican party.  As they became so arrogant as to "come out of the closet" and tell the Americans what they really think, they have been just about destroyed.  God, I hope I'm not wrong about that but they look doomed to me.  Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  It just scares me how much people like that are willing to lie, cheat, steal, or kill to get their way.  In the past, that would have meant they would win.  But,I hold high hopes that in today's connected, aware world, it will no longer work nearly as well as it did in the past.  But, then, I look back at WWII, when the German people were so down and out that they were willing to lash out at anyone, if given a target for their angst, to feel better and I look at today's desparate situation for a lot of people in this disrupted economic situation and it gives me pause.  Mankind doesn't seem to handle individual calamity very well.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-02 07:53:35
  • (At the risk of getting too political!) I hope you're right about the Republicans WW. As you can see from the Conspiracy Theory Thread, I spend a lot of my time worrying about world issues and the indoctrination / mind controlling of the masses! I think the general public is like a dozing dog .... placid, apathetic....but likely to snap if prodded too hard in the personal bits. It's very frightening to think where we are heading....maybe I really should stop watching all these YouTube documentaries about The New World Order, Prophecies of Doom etc.....
    I would say that this UKIP muppet's expressed views only illustrate that he is trying to deflect the fact that he / they have no actual policies. I remain hopeful that people will wake up and realise it in time. Its pathetic how juvenile these back-biting, mediocre, bigoted, jumped-up little politicians act - just like being on the playground at school.
  • I really think you are right, Kat, you should stop watching all of those things.  What's the point?  If there is some evil order running things, there's not a whole hell of a lot that can be done about it, so why fret to no avail.  Good grief, I was hanging out with this one guy, once, that was convinced that there was a complete world being built below the ground, hidden away, where around 10's of thousands of the richest people were going to go and let the world implode.  Kinda like that movie with Jodie Foster and Matt Damon, "Elysium"?  except underground.  I'll tell you what, it has been near a decade since I have watched TV for any amount of time and, whenever I happen to run across something on a TV somewhere, it is quite shocking to realize the conditiioning that goes on on a regular basis.  I don't know if y'all have finally succumbed to advertising in the UK - I hope not - but it really is sickening if you have been away from it for awhile.  Oh yeah, that guy and his theory?  It was one of many that were supposed to happen in 2012.  Oh, well.  If the UKIP is a spinoff of the Tories (their right-wing, right?), then you have a perfect corrollary to the Tea Party and the Republicans.  To me, at least, it was brilliant.  The Tea Party just showed how arrogant and stuck on themselves the whole Republican party is.  I just don't get people who believe that humanity  shouldn't be able to rise above the Darwinian approach to life - at least for their fellow man.  And, yeah, I fully agree, we have yet to mature, as a species, beyond the school playground and letting the bullies run the show.  I used to have the perfect solution for bullies.
  • ^ on the subject of advertising, obviously we've had it since it was invented and probably before! I'm not sure if you mean something specific WW when you ask if the uk has succumbed to it? (Are you thinking of the BBC? Cause we have other channels too! Haha) I would say that most people I know (and myself) record pretty much all TV they're gonna watch so they can fast forward the adverts, or watch on catch up so the ads are mostly taken out. This must be a problem for advertisers, this week they've been talking on the news about sneaky ways advertisers are getting at kids though games etc, and how regulations need changing.
  • I actually thought that there was no advertising allowed in every country except the U.S. until the advent of satellite/cable (yeah, I go back to the antenna-only days).  That is one of the many huge advantages of the web.  They can advertise all they want and I can ignore it all I want, unless it is plugged into something like a youtube video, in which case I just will close the tab and watch something else.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-03 06:22:27
  • No more craigslist for me! I've had my heart broken too many times, and 2014 is only half over.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttttttttttttT!

All my partner does is jerk off and play video games! I'm bored!!!
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• I thought he had left you.
  • ^On again, off again seems to be my luck. But it's like totally disgusting, all he does is play that damn game called "Bejeweled 3." He gets excited when he hits 'BLAZING SPEED,' well what about my blazing speed??
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• My Rant? Two words....Married Women. They want their cake and eat it too. ( Craigslist iuv? Wth, Seriously?)

So you're a gay man banan? I wasn't sure.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^Gay man? I'm not sure what that means anymore. I'd label myself bi-sexual.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Expand on your comment about married women Ponygurl? Sounds like you've been stung...happened to me too, but I only have myself to blame...
  • 3 recently...but I've only slept with one because she was in the middle of a divorce. I was starting to fall for her..but she was just using me. Now there's another. She actually cares about me. It's not want I want though, obviously. These women want both. I don't want to have to turn off emotion. It's tempting because of the attention she gives me...but no. It won't go anywhere. Uugggghhhhh, women....I adore them all.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

Craigslist iuv? Wth, Seriously?

Not seriously.

Craigslist, though, is rife with straight men seeking gay sex.

I also happen to attract straight-ish men--either closeted, coming out, newly out, curious, etc. As a matter of fact, they adore me. It's the whole almost-bearish, masculine, brotherly affection that they love. Things as they are, I almost always wind up with a broken heart. There is, however, a silver lining: It's when they've truly fallen for me that they run away. Poor scared grown men! Ironically, it reminds me that I'm still quite loveable.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-06-20 08:05:28

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!