Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 481 Comments sorted by
  • Well they certainly pump a lot of drugs into the animals bred for food.

I won't be eating any meat again, I just don't like it any more and never crave meat at all, lucky that way, same with dairy, fish, eggs. I have a lot of intolerance and allergies to food so a vegan diet just is what works for me I guess.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ I can totally understand that. 100% of my diet was veggie for all that time, and even now it's 98% so, but I had these CRAVINGS. Like, I could NOT get over them so gave in and don't regret it - other than tonight's, not totally unpleasant, experience, I've enjoyed having some meat in my life.... I feel better for it, rather than it being detrimental, and I eat pretty healthily in general so don't think it's doing any harm. But yes, each to their own!
  • Yeah it's the best way. I will admit that I got into vegetarianism out of concern over animal welfare and the environment, and I used to get very worked up about it. I still do really, but am more accepting of what is is. The fact I was getting sick with a lot of food made it easy to give up for me at any rate and I just can't see myself ever relenting. my cat  has to have fish cooked for them all the time and I just live with it (hate the smell though). I must admit I do feel a bit sad hearing of people being ex vegetarians but at least I don't get mad about it (any more) and I believe Alison Goldfrapp is now on the list of ex vegetarians, well she certainly mentions eating fish a few times recently, but I have read the odd comment where she said she is (rather was) vegetarian, such is life I guess. Eat a nice bit of tofu instead Alison and Laura ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Cake
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

Cake

WORD!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • In my dreams!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Can you ever truly have all your cake and eat it?

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • What else are you going to do with cake?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • That's not for me to say Tweety :\">
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • True. It would be very splosh to smear iuventus with cake and then eat it off him.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Splosh, indeed!
  • I'll only eat off a vegetarian, perhaps I am saying too much :\">
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Vegan here, but I'm saving my cake for Tweet-ums.

Or Cervus.

Or Carples...
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-09 17:07:00
  • Vegan is even better Iuventus, I knew there was another I had forgotten who it was. I just say vegetarian for ease more than anything else.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • My friend was fucking unbearable when she was a veggie. Scrutinised everything she ate as well as what was on my plate. We stayed in Brighton for a week a few years ago and we went to a nice restaurant for my birthday and it was posher than what I'm used to so was a bit wary what it would be like. "Have anything you like, it's my treat for your birthday" she says.
    Delicious meal arrives all delicately decorated with beautiful smells emanating from said dish. She bursts out crying "do you know what your eating?" Sob, sob. Yes, it's venison and it's bloody handsome so fuck off and eat your wet aubergine salad while I enjoy MEEEEEAAAATTTT.
    We're still friends but she's learnt her lesson. She's no longer a veggie :-B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!