Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • You could make as much noise as you wanted, the music would overpower it (unless you screamed over something like Deer Stop which is your funeral frankly, if there's one thing Alison hates more than cameras flashing its people talking :p) For example I saw a show recently, had my.phone on record in my shirt pocket, making noise with people around me, came out just fine. Technology these days just does all the work for you :)
  • rewak said:

(unless you screamed over something like Deer Stop which is your funeral frankly, if there's one thing Alison hates more than cameras flashing its people talking:)

Deer Stop being ruined was a cardinal sin during the Supernature tour.
  • dcbaxter said:

Right so where am I going to park then ? I was thinking literally just outside the Police station, seems to be a bit of space, perhaps even the venue itself, if it is allowed. Otherwise happy to park in a proper car park more centrally and get mugged to and from the gig ;)

Checking my spam folder told me tickets had been dispatched also today :)

Bring it on.

In case of missing people on the way in, is it the usual (near Angie) spot once inside ?

on street view it does look like there's some limited parking at the centre. i'm not sure if i'm coming on my own or with hells bells yet, but either way i'd like to park somewhere with limited mugging possibilities... 
    i might email them and ask about parking
  • ^ I phoned the art centre (hopefully that's the same place) they said on sight parking is first come first serve basis.

As I'm likely to be late I'm sure I will end up in the police compound
  • I'm going to park at cabots circus. its at the end of the m32, open 24/7, and has a dedicated security team (according to the website). its a ten minute walk from the venue. if we all met up in a pub before hand we could go mob handed which should be enough to deter the locals 
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-06-17 18:05:48
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Park in a carpark, its a revaluation, they hav lots in cities :P nearest looks like New Thomas off Unity st. Dont go for a NCP in town, got my wallet raped there by the hourly charge. Dead silly prices.

camera Nazi was at the seated gigs in Birmingham symphony hall n Southbank centre QE hall thing.

Sadly my phone battery lets me down if I try to do anything with it. Id forget to get press record knowing me?
  •   There`s a birds spit distance between the pair of them , the Cabot is 2500 spaces though and showing as about a fiver cheaper . I`ll probably park wherever my sociopathic sat-nav sends me .

I`ve gone through Google Streetview and got lost on that , but the church looks like the sort of place that people will gridlock the cap park or arrive very early for a choice space . Both car parks involve a trek through less salubrious areas shall we say . Seems to be the ideal area to park if you hate your car . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • You boys are scaring me a bit with all your 'mugging' talk :-SS
  • My ticket has just arrived.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • did you have to sign for it?  im not gonna be home hardly at all this week, so hoping they'll just pop it through the door.....
  • Mine just plopped through the letterbox about 30seconds ago . No knocking , no signing just a plop .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 05:43:29
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • No need to sign indeed.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • whoop!  cheers guys.  ooh, maybe it will be waiting for me tonight.  GAH.  *plop*
  • great! now I can spend all day waiting to go home to see if my ticket has plopped.

bristol isn't that bad, I was at uni there and never had any trouble myself. that area is just concrete jungle and was always a bit dead to walk through.

what time are you going to get there Alex?
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-06-18 06:01:40
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Giggles @ plop. :D

Sorry I'm very childish....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!