Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • tweety said:

groan, no sleep Saturday night for solstice and no sleep Sunday night for travelling. still totally worth it tho :)

Ah id forgot bout the longest day. Aparently the 23rd will be a super moon or perigee aparently. Well thats my pointless fact of the day.
  • dcbaxter said:

Already sorted on the wife telling front, I just blurted it out and just got the rolling eyes. Think I got away with it :)

At least she doesn't have to worry you might travelling all that way to see another woman. Oh, hang on... ;)
  • thathurt said:

tweety said:

Ah id forgot bout the longest day. Aparently the 23rd will be a super moon or perigee aparently. Well thats my pointless fact of the day.

should make for some good alchemy....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Had email that my ticket has been dispatched . Now trying to pull a get-some-sleep maneuver and move from days to nights on the Monday.

Looking forward to it , tramp style is still in-vogue ? 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 10:14:48
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • For those of us across the pond away from all these lovely gigs, any chance of some kind Frapper to upload the concert to youtube? (Alot of us would be thankful ^_^)

Hopefully it won't be like Little Noise, with twits blabbering all through the show, even during "Melancholy Sky", my goodness it's a good thing I wasn't there. 

/:)

Not by me sorry , not fond of people waggling phones in the air continuously and usually talking to their chavvy mates at the same time - I`ll record 30s - 1min max on maybe 2 -3 songs , only longer if I`m bored and down the front . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 10:19:26
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • not sure about the tramp style but there used to be an amazing kebab shop at the bottom of st Michaels hill, proper charcoal grill it had.

I think you will find Alex is at the front :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Sartori said:

Not by me sorry , not fond of people waggling phones in the air continuously and usually talking to their chavvy mates at the same time - I`ll record 30s - 1min max on maybe 2 -3 songs , only longer if I`m bored and down the front . 

You know you could hit record on your phone, shove it in your pocket and forget about it till the end of the show. Most smart phones nowadays have a decent enough mic meaning you'd get the full audio of the show in listenable quality without having to waggle it around in the air. Just a suggestion, winkwink
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-17 13:48:16
  • Which reminds me the kerfuffle (yes got that word in once this month) with some Frapp tour about not taking photos or something, some nazi camera police at a seated venue and digi camera confiscation at Birmingham and so on. Maybe mobile phones are the way forward.
  • thathurt said:

some nazi camera police

You mean Alison? :P
  • thathurt said:

Which reminds me the kerfuffle (yes got that word in once this month) with some Frapp tour about not taking photos or something, some nazi camera police at a seated venue and digi camera confiscation at Birmingham and so on. Maybe mobile phones are the way forward.

I've been busted at least 4 times for filming with a camcorder. Yeah, mobiles still get the green light apparently. The guy who took the best (audience) footage at Hackney used a mobile (front row) - and filmed the whole thing!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-17 14:10:17
  • I can't believe the gig is 6 days away! I'm excited for all the people going... weird cos im not! :)

• thathurt said:

Which reminds me the kerfuffle (yes got that word in once this month) with some Frapp tour about not taking photos or something, some nazi camera police at a seated venue and digi camera confiscation at Birmingham and so on. Maybe mobile phones are the way forward.

Bizarre really when mobiles now can grab cracking 1080p full HD at a great frame rate.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Right so where am I going to park then ? I was thinking literally just outside the Police station, seems to be a bit of space, perhaps even the venue itself, if it is allowed. Otherwise happy to park in a proper car park more centrally and get mugged to and from the gig ;)

Checking my spam folder told me tickets had been dispatched also today :)

Bring it on.

In case of missing people on the way in, is it the usual (near Angie) spot once inside ?

Sophie_Banner
  • ^ Do ya's know Angie is gonna be there? Isn't she busy elsewhere?
  • rewak said:

Sartori said:

You know you could hit record on your phone, shove it in your pocket and forget about it till the end of the show. Most smart phones nowadays have a decent enough mic meaning you'd get the full audio of the show in listenable quality without having to waggle it around in the air. Just a suggestion, winkwink

Yes , but I like to scream and shout and boogie , without feeling self conscious of my pocket :D

Will be struggle to find a pocket as well , I`m not known for wearing a blazer to gigs . Pants , socks , t-shirt , combat trousers and my daps , vest with my name on the label if its cold  
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 15:36:18

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!