Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • folklore said:

:O me too! She's my girl crush.

Even in the advert for the series the cameraperson pans up and down her figure.  She appears to have a great figure from the little I've seen of it.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Was anyone else as bitterly disappointed as me by last night's "When Bjork met David Attenborough" on Channel 4?

Turned out to be little more than a hour-long trailer for the Biophilia launch gig back in 2011 - there was no real discussion of the science/nature dimension of the project and Attenborough (and Oliver Sachs, wh also featured) were restricted to a few minutes of information-lite comments.

Bah.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-07-28 05:44:27
  • ^^^ I missed that. I was going to try and watch it on catch up. :(
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Bjork n David Attenb in the same room was a laugh but Yeah I thought it was a repeat.

I tried to concentrate for another episode of Top of the lake. Failed. Too slow but nice landscapes. Can a lake have a top? Unless it's the northern part. That bothers me
  • whisperit said:

Was anyone else as bitterly disappointed as me by last night's "When Bjork met David Attenborough" on Channel 4?

Turned out to be little more than a hour-long trailer for the Biophilia launch gig back in 2011 - there was no real discussion of the science/nature dimension of the project and Attenborough (and Oliver Sachs, wh also featured) were restricted to a few minutes of information-lite comments.

Bah.

Mixed thoughts on it.

I find anything Bjork-ish to be interesting and enjoyable so it was still a great hour but yes, it did seem odd to bill it with such a direct title then not really deliver that......?

{shrugs}
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I've recorded the bjork thing but not watched it yet.
    Looking forward to the returned tonight, god I hope they don't drag it out too much
  • I watched it from about half way through, I enjoyed what I did see and should watch again really.  I noticed The Guardian did this piece of Bjork's best TV moments and the 1998 documentary is on my towatch list (Homogenic is my fave Bjork album and a contender for the all time favorite albums)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • One final WBMDA trivia note - it's narrated by Tilda Swinton.

Always a plus point.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • How about this for guilty pleasure!?

Bought the box sets DVDs of Dawson's Creek seasons 1 & 2 (£1 each) the other day while buying old CD's from the little shop at our local tip. Obviously didn't tell my partner as I was slightly embarassed.

But emotional stress has got the better of me of late so I decided i needed to watch PURE escapism rather than gritty realism! As Dawson says in the series, 'if you want reality look out of the window!'. I seem to remember it got flak for for teenagers who were impossibly self aware and much too elequant for their years. But hey isn't that Skins? It was a fantasy at 15 for me to able to express myself like in a Woody Allen film.

Anyway, 1st surprise is, apart from the dreadful clothes (man, we were ahead of the USA in teenage dress sense in 1998!) it was actually quiet enjoyable. 2nd surprise is when my partner caught me watching them she made me play first one again and insist I watch with herb :-o.

Thing is I don't know anyone who watched it back then that actually liked it for dialogue rather than just being a teen romance series. Not sure if i should be embarassed but have gone through episodes on Wiki and i think i need season 3 as that's the one I seem to remember every epsiode :-/

• Watching Young Winston at the moment on BBC4. Lots of good old British actors in it.
    I will just say though why are the aristocracy such a bunch of arseholes? The way his parents treated him was disgusting 
    :(
  • ping said:

Looking forward to the returned tonight, god I hope they don't drag it out too much

Well, it was frustrating (many unanswered questions) but compelling! Kinda guessed it would run to (at least) a second series. I definitely want to see/find-out more of most of the characters, but they'd better not do a never-ending Lost type thing...
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-28 18:16:46
  • ^ the 'lost' scenario is my concern too.
  • They promised on Lost that it wouldn't be about purgatory.  They promised!! And then right at the very end, what did they do.... they made it about purgatory!! 

Good luck with "The Returned'.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • The last episode of the current series of The Returned / Les Revenants was tonight on CH4. It's superbly made and completely compelling to watch if you haven't already. 

All the current best TV shows seem to be centred around serial killers; Showtime's Dexter, BBC's The Fall and NBC's Hannibal.  All worth watching. 
  • Currently re-watching season 4 of it's only sunny in philadelphia on netflix... if anyone hasn't ever watched an episode of it... you're massively missing out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!