Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Check Twitter for Alison updates
  • 241 Comments sorted by
  • I've never been called a breath of fresh air before lol. Compliment accepted, most gratefully. I'm here just to keep you chaps in check.
  • I always accept any offer of female correction Kat! (Looking at that Miss Whiplash image again)!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm missing the sisterhood. They must all be on Fizzogbook or Twit-ter. I'm alone!
  • I swear, I keep trying fb and the twit (I guess twatter was taken) and I jus don't get it.  I really don't.  I mean I could tell everyone about the great calamari I had last night (not a metaphor) or the great band I saw but, really, who cares?

Actually, I do have one question if anyone has the answer.  The lady singer is pretty cool and she seems to attract awesome musicians.  I think she had someone very famous on trumpet last night from NYC and she passed a hat around for donations in a bar where she is being paid.  I'm just guessing about the famous trumpet player in that I never even really caught his name.  Isn't that kinda weird?  I thought the hat-passing was terribly awkward.   Ah, well, I might get a chance to ask her about it next monday.
  • Search for UT on Twatter WW, and I'll show you how it's done! I sometimes post the same stuff here as I do there, just have to rethink the approach. Think of Twatter a bit like foreplay!
  • It's not what I put on twitter that bothers me, UT.  It's that there is no apparent reason to be there.
  • That's exactly my opinion of Twitter. Random musings flung into the ether. Unless you are a celeb, with followers, then what's the point unless you've got an ego the size of a Pacific island.
  • KatRobin said:

Random musings flung into the ether.

KatRobin said:

Well said.  I'm not even likely to be interested in those random musings from the artists that fascinate me.  I can understand that they can't have conversations with everyone but I'm not going to hang on there every comment, either.  If they wished to participate in their own messageboard, that would be great but unlikely.  Actually, I'm not sure why it is unlikely but it seems to be the case.  If they only arrive incognito, I wouldn't understand that either.  I guess, if they don't reply to every comment directed at them some people would become offended.  Heck, that is true on the twit, as well, though.
  • Well there's a thought! As there only seems to be about four of us on here at the moment it would be nice if you know who and you know who were to join for a chinwag. I have social anxiety disorder tho. I'd flee the forum in a flap lol.
  • OK I'll come clean - I'm Will Gregory. Kept on bumping into UT at concerts and thought I'd come for a look. 'Strokes beard mischievously'
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Bugger! I thought you were Davide! (Strokes another beard mischievously).
    Let's face it, some of us could be anyone...........
  • No! No!  Freud!

I just shaved my beard because I walked into a bar the other night and every single guy had a beard.
  • That would be sad if they were the only ones populating the forum! I'm sure they've got better things to do.
  • Often wondered btw- is Will married / partnered / does he have kids? I have a feeling the answer is yes. Whatever, I hope he's happy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!