Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 560 Comments sorted by
  • Jo_ey said:

Pet said:

Jo_ey said:

iuventus said:

Somebody offered him more money for it.

No, they sent it, and I tracked it, and it was going good until it hit New Jersey and that's where it got lost.

Damn New Jersey.

I own a T shirt that says New Jersey is the greatest country in the world.

Hahaha oh boy...  :))

Reminds me of a South Park episode

The T shirt was a gift from Stephanie, who used to post a lot to the GMB.  She was born and raised in New York, but now lives across the river in New Jersey.  But one reason why she chose that T shirt for me was that I'm a big fan of Daphne and Celeste who (of course) came from New Jersey.
  • chokka said:

That reminds me... Garbage finally did a live DVD this year. I must nab it!

Thanks for the heads up on that.
  • Here's my recent purchase. (Sorry for the messy room!) it's my polaroid land camera department sign and I.

I paid $400 for it on ebay. The sign lights up when you plug it in. I'm a Polaroid enthusiast. I still use and collect Polaroid cameras as of today, it all first started in 2007 and i've been hooked ever since. I've taken over 1000 polaroids. Crazy, right?
  • Wow, interesting hobby and what a monster sign!

Not a "latest purchase" - in fact far from it... but I was given a polaroid camera in 1973, and I still have some of the snaps. Here's a scan of one - taken at school. Hilarious hairstyles!

• @Halloween_Jack

1973?! I didn't even exist yet. :) Those are amazing hairstyles. Sometimes when I purchase old cameras online i discover found polaroids in suitcases that look a lot like that. It's pretty awesome!  I was given my first Polaroid camera in 2000. I used it a few times and then forgot about it. It wasn't until April of 2007 that I fell back in love with it. Out of all the polaroids i've taken so far, this is my favorite.

It was taken with Artistic time zero film on a Polaroid sx70 (it's of Seal rock, in San Francisco)

• Yesterday, I decided to buy the French DVD of The Ghost Ship (1943).  So, I went to the website of the company who produce the DVD (Editions Montparnasse).  When I attempted to purchase it directly from them, I received an error message saying that they didn't have the rights to distribute it in my territory.  So, I went to Amazon.fr, who sold me a copy without a quibble.
  • Pet said:

Yesterday, I decided to buy the French DVD of The Ghost Ship (1943).  So, I went to the website of the company who produce the DVD (Editions Montparnasse).  When I attempted to purchase it directly from them, I received an error message saying that they didn't have the rights to distribute it in my territory.  So, I went to Amazon.fr, who sold me a copy without a quibble.

Crazy, isn't it! These are the same companies who will often make comment about piracy etc then knock people back when they wave willingness & real money at them. as a business model it really is outdated in this 'small world' we have now.....
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Came home from work with loads of packets of Fringed white tulips and Black Parrot Tulips, they had just been delivered and I missed them last autumn.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'll PM you my mailing address.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • :) They are beautiful......tulips i any form are my favourite flower. Simple beauty but I love how they misbehave and do what they want to in a vase. These are the ones.
    imageimage
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • That was fast.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Maybe they are not the actual ones....hahahah the varieties rather. :)
  • I am out today in Wigan centre. I will buy myself something to cheer me up. Not sure what though. Maybe a couple of tops.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Pet said:

Yesterday, I decided to buy the French DVD of The Ghost Ship (1943).  So, I went to the website of the company who produce the DVD (Editions Montparnasse).  When I attempted to purchase it directly from them, I received an error message saying that they didn't have the rights to distribute it in my territory.  So, I went to Amazon.fr, who sold me a copy without a quibble.

Crazy, isn't it! These are the same companies who will often make comment about piracy etc then knock people back when they wave willingness & real money at them. as a business model it really is outdated in this 'small world' we have now.....

Crazy is what it is, all right.
  • I got 2 Kate Bush cds. A Rihanna top. A Wigan Warriors wembley T-shirt and badge. Oh a paper too. Now i am skint again.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!