Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • Same ol', same ol'.  

yes humans are forever attached to repetition compulsion 
    but this is NOT same ol same ol
    this is a worldwide movement

wake up
  • Even more sickened to read of these people who are now " suffering regret" because of their Brexit vote. Already?!!! What the F did they expect? So, lots of them only voted as a protest gesture. Duh! I wonder how many of them were literate and motivated enough to write to their MP with their concerns prior to the referendum? Give it another week, when petrol and food prices have gone up, and perhaps they'll make like lemmings on the white cliffs of Dover.
  • Don't listen to people. People lie.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • stevil said:

Same ol', same ol'.  

yes humans are forever attached to repetition compulsion 
    but this is NOT same ol same ol
    this is a worldwide movement

wake up

Eh?  What is a worldwide movement?  Brexit?  Retrenchment?  If you are talking about retrenchment, same thing.  It happens every time the economy and the stability of the environment in which people live is threatened.  You say " wake up.  I say " read some history".  Santayana was mostly correct, as far as he goes.
  • Thanks Nova- us two are going to sign that right away. Wouldn't it be amusing if there actually could be a second ref and a step back into the EU. How snivelling would we as a country look begging to be let back in.
    As a bit of an aside, the Polish PM was interviewed last night on good ole Ch 4 news, and ( sort of) off camera he returned to Matt Frei to say bitterly that if the UK were to get into trouble militaristically speaking, " don't expect Poland to come to your aid.". Thought that was a bit of an odd thing to say given that we entered into the war in retaliation for Hitler's invasion of Poland etc. am I being a doofus? Did I miss something?
  • Yep, what took the UK into WW2 was the fact that Germany invaded Poland, with who we had a agreement.
    Short memories all round.
    Try this for an alternative view.
    https://www.facebook.com/DemocraziaVerde/videos/275977272757274/
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • re: the worldwide movement i would suggest opening your eyes before it's too late

• iuventus said:

Don't listen to people. People lie.

Riiight..
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Excellent article about why the Article 50 notification of the UK's intention to leave the EU is important, and why it has not been sent; and may never be sent at all!
    https://twitter.com/richevans/status/746624157253763072
  • And another. There seems to be a lot of legal minds out there at the moment engaged in this issue. I wonder if Nicola Sturgeon's assertion to keep Scotland in the EU, which can only be delivered by the breakup of the UK, was another part of a potential move to out manoeuvre the leave vote by delivering the pantomime villain, as in, the possibility of a UK break-up was an unexpected consequence of a leave vote, so worthy of a 2nd referendum on the grounds of, are you sure you want to leave now that it is clear this will also lead to the break up of the U.K?
    Food for thought.
    https://waitingfortax.com/2016/06/24/when-i-say-no-i-mean-maybe/
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-06-25 17:36:56
  • And, of course, out manoeuvre a certain Gerry Adams in his call for a referendum on a United Ireland for the same reason, in the the Republic of Ireland is an EU member, and Northern Ireland also voted to remain.
    ???
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-06-25 17:40:57
  • The plain fact is that the UK has not, as yet, left the European Union. What has happened is that the referendum has indicated that 52% of the people that voted, which was, in itself 72% of those people entitled to, said they wanted to leave. Put that another way, 38% of the total number of people entitled to vote, wanted to leave. This means that a little more than a third of the voting population are dictating the UK leaves Europe.
    This vote is in no way legally binding and is advisory. It is up to the government, through the House of Commons, to decide on whether they act on it or not and envoke Article 50. Until they do, we are still in the EU, whether both sides like it or not.
    It is this simple fact that is pissing Nigel Farage and a lot of European politicians off. They are currently not in control of the UK's destiny. The UK is, and will remain so until Article 50 is envoked.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-06-25 19:16:30

• 80% Brexit Leave voters admit to hating multiculturalism

if that's true...that's terrifying
    but it's probably worse in my country at this point with Führer Trump

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!