Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Tales of us' Deluxe (new release - 30 June 2014)
  • i just noticed the frapp twitter banner has changed to an advert for tales of us deluxe edition released 30th june.
    features the tracks recorded at AIR.

digital only it says. 
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-06-16 11:14:51
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • That's why I logged in here this avo, to see if there was any further info.
    I'm surprised there was no email or tweet, just the banner change.
    Might tweet Alison & ask.
  • Yeah, just got the e-mail about it.

Nice to have a proper release of Lisa's wonderful films but I have to say... I'm disappointed that they are not releasing the footage of the live performance, as seen in the cinemas. Audio only.
  • It says "The full 30-minute Tales of Us film will also be available to buy separately from the Deluxe Edition on iTunes."

So does this mean I can buy it and actually FINALLY watch it?! 
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-06-16 10:50:40
  • Yes Sally you shall finally see them!

Its a real shame they are not releasing the footage, I was still holding out that they might include some MIF footage somewhere along the way. Oh well .
  • Yes, we just have the Train video clip (from Air). I've messaged Lisa asking what exactly is on offer... she is usually very helpful. :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-06-16 11:17:24
  • plus the live audio from our recent worldwide cinema event, Live from Air Studios.
    plus the live audio
    audio

Pass!

iTunes Exclusive

Double pass!
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-06-16 11:17:52
  • great news all in all, but too sad there is no word about physical release (the cover art is so good it has to be printed). 

also i guess "The full 30-minute film" states for just 5 music videos available separately as in deluxe all tracks are "album only". also the timing is right.

lots of TOU video live footage are still needed to be released.
    Post edited by duke_wannaparty at 2014-06-16 14:50:57
  • also i guess "The full 30-minute film" states for just 5 music videos available separately as in deluxe all track are "album only". also the timing is right.

Then it's not actually the film version, triple pass!
  • Audio only???? What's the point. Seriously thought it was the films etc. I definitely read it as audio only. I'm not going blind am I??? :( :-??
  • So it's just the audio of the air gig

Plus the original 5 films

Plus the album (again....)

Well at least it's getting a release on the positive side.

Gutted that there's a HQ version of Laurel out there from Manchester which isn't seeing the light of day.....
  • Audio only???? What's the point. Seriously thought it was the films etc. I definitely read it as audio only. I'm not going blind am I??? :( :-??

The films are on offer, but not the live (Air studio) footage.
  • Gutted if this is digital only to be honest.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • lmao ffs
  • "The full 30-minute Tales of Us film will also be available to buy separately from the Deluxe Edition on iTunes."

----

Ok banana you can do this I'm saying to myself as I type this with panic and sweaty palms. I took a 2mg Xanax it's not working yet.

QUESTION-YES OR NO-DOES THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE NO PHYSCAL RELEASE OF THE MOVIE?

If it is only digital only release of the film, Tales Of Us. Then I need to know now please so I can mentally prepare myself. Prepare for the down. :(...
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• why does the disappointment for the fans on things like this never cease........super annoyed

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!