Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp score Medea
  • 117 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

It will be playing Live on Sept. 4 at Ocean Reef, Key Largo.

Hey PG. I think you said you live in Florida. I assume if you are considering a viewing in Key Largo, you either live in/around Miami or somewhere down towards Key West?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^PG lives somewhere up north Florida, her Key Largo notice was for my benefit, i think:) Anyway, I plan on seeing it somewhere, it's good to know there are a few options. It would be nice to see it London!! 
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

^PG lives somewhere up north Florida, her Key Largo notice was for my benefit, i think:) Anyway, I plan on seeing it somewhere, it's good to know there are a few options. It would be nice to see it London!! 

We are off to the National Theatre on Monday week, then off to Copenhagen on the Wednesday to see GF on the Thursday. Busy week as we have a wedding to attend on the Saturday before the NT.
    So you live in Miami or the road out to Key West A_is_A?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-07-15 17:30:57
  • Wow, sounds like a wonderful time Urban, enjoy and do tell us all about it. I live in Miami.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Been there to. I think I have become the ghost of Alan Whicker, who, I believe Appy once told me was born in Leeds.
    We did a trip to Miami some years ago (about 12) and after 4 or 5 days in Miami, enjoying all the Art Deco buildings on South Beach ( we stayed at the Clinton) we took the drive all the way down to Key West. As I write this, I sit here wearing a Hawk's Cay T shirt. As we drove over the long bridges along that road, I thought of the scene from True Lies (?) where they blow the bridge up, although I think that also featured in one of the batman movies. Would like to come back to Miami one day.
  • Well if you get into town again feel free to drop me a line. It's always been fun meeting folks from the GMB.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-07-15 20:03:55
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'm off to see this on Sunday afternoon (I'm in London for the weekend with work and thought I may as well pop along) just picked up some cheap, back of the theatre tickets for £15 each so I doubt I'll have that good a view but for that price I don't think it matters! Excited! 
  • I can't see a mention of Euripides' Medea without thinking of an Italian(?) proprietor of a costume hire shop:

If you rip-a dese, m'dear, you pay for dese m'dear.
  • I've heard: Euripides trousers, Eumenides trousers!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It's a variation on that joke with "m'dear" instead of "trousers".  I thought this variation might refer to the chicken tights from a twister costume.  (We were assured by Chubby Checker himself that chicken tights form part of the correct sartorial presentation for a twister.)
  • I think we all see the relationship, Pet. I've never heard it with the allusion to Medea though. I like that.

An Italian boss of mine once told the joke thus (I forget the set-up, as I'm horrible at remembering jokes.):

"Eumenides trousers?"

"I don't know. Euripides trousers?"
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm off to see this on Sunday afternoon (I'm in London for the weekend with work and thought I may as well pop along) just picked up some cheap, back of the theatre tickets for £15 each so I doubt I'll have that good a view but for that price I don't think it matters! Excited! 

have fun, they interviewed Ben Power on front row the other day (link) they didn't speak about the music but its quite interesting listening to him talk about it anyhow.
  • Just looking at this while eating my lunch. It's Will doing the interview for a change :D
  • I love the bit where he says that he hope's Goldfrapp fans will forget that's what they are and just be thinking that they are Medea fans instead.

I guess that would indeed be the ultimate compliment for the production as a whole!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!