Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp score Medea
  • 117 Comments sorted by
  • Again-another movie that I'd like to watch but can't because where I live! :(

I mean a mentally damaged person, hello!, right up my alley.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Ha.  I'm actually a Brit, but I'm a longtime US resident.

A fifth columnist?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Have been mental busy the last week or two then suddenly had a "IT'S TONIGHT!!" moment in my brain this morning. Woo!

Out early, grab some nice food and then in we go for some NTLive action.

Hope those of you sitting in cinema seats across the land the same time as me will have a lovely night out :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Although knowing what's coming, and being baited at one point to stay & knowingly watch, you could feel the quiet recoil even in the cinema at the moment Medea finally succumbs to her pain. Brutal, visceral yet utterly compelling.

McCrory is a quiet simmering tornado of inevitable results and the Alison & Will soundtrack is very fitting & sympathetic. You can tell at points it's theirs but not in any way at the expense of the production.

Brilliant.
  • Did anyone else notice the Deer and the Wolf on the coffee table? I felt emotionally exhausted when I got home and can't imagine what it would have been like actually in the theatre.  Utterly spell binding and McCrory was just wonderful, her whole body was just shaking with rage.

• Woweee would love to see this x
  • Another Goldfrapp soundtrack! Please let this one get a release.

• YUSSSS!!!

great news! :D and
    Helen McCrory is so beautiful! :)
  • WOW, WOW, WOW!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Medea will be broadcast live to cinemas around the world on Thursday 4 September. To find your nearest venue visit http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/46190-medea

Quite a few cinemas close to me showing it, nice to know :)
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-05-22 19:55:18
  • Very exciting news and it looks like I will get to see this in the States as well !!
  • An intriguing project. Medea is such a harrowing drama, it'll be interesting to hear the tone of the music.

I just wish I knew about it when booking trips to London in July & August. Oh well, at least the live screening is on at my local theatre and it's a few days after I return to work after my holiday.
  • iuventus said:

WOW, WOW, WOW!

What he said, but using my inside voice.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That was my inside voice, PoGu!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Booked for my local Tyneside Cinema - only 6 Metro stops away from my front door, good food and a big leather armchair with my name on it in an original Art Deco screening room.

It's going to be a good night out - in!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!