Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
It is too quiet on here right now. So talk about anything.....
  • 372 Comments sorted by
  • Hahahaha!  You're funny, Kat.  I have a quandary as to whether to believe those stories, as well.  The problem is does one want to be a conspiracy theorist and believe that important stories are suppressed by the big names, like Reuters, AFP, etc or believe everything written in black and white.  Where does one draw the line?  According to some, we have UFOs pretty much everywhere, the Illuminati are behind everything, and living is bad for your health.  What people will write for the sake of getting hits on their article is mind-boggling.  I guess it's encouraging to me that some of the dumbest sites seem to disappear rather quickly.
  • ^Yeah - Global warming, species loss, catastrophic destruction of the natural world...I kind of feel like I don't have enough worry space to be adding alien lizards and malign UFOs to it.

Seems to me like we are screwing up the planet pretty good without needing a Conspiracy.
  • This seems to line up with  what I am thinking pretty well.  With the pressures of the business community combined withe the scientists' concern about ever being seen as being an alarmist, the predictions are extremely conservative.  I doubt it will reach the worst case predicted scenario of decimation to up to 90% of the human population.  It will just be another step down the path towards Mordor.

http://www.theclimategroup.org/what-we-do/news-and-blogs/scientists-zero-in-on-only-solution-to-climate-crisis/

Unfortunately, a every appropriate metaphor is:  not a snowball's chance.
  • Question...and appeal for help! With tech again! My headphone jack has snapped inside my iPad. I've watched some dodgy tips on YouTube re fixing it / getting it out with a cotton bud and superglue....daren't do that! I guess I'll have to send it away...
  • Do you have an Apple Store near you? The staff in there are usually very helpful. Worth a try. Is anything sticking out at all? (Keep it clean)
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I guess there might be one in Peterborough. No, the bits that are stuck are deeply embedded. If anything was sticking out I'd be yanking on it. There. I did as you asked. Thank you.
  • Hmm, maybe you just need to push something inside deep enough to get to it? Then obviously pull it back out (I'm keeping it clean)

I found this "tip"

DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY!!!! Just buy a simple BIC pen (or just find one anywhere in the house). take the ink tube and slide it in the socket, when you feel a little pressure just push a bit harder. Then pull out fast. Quick, simple, cheap.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-05-15 18:15:30
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  •  I think PG's advice may be the solution to 90% of life's problems.

Also the cause of them.
  • Cheers PG. I enquires yesterday and discovered that just to see someone at Apple costs about £80! So I figure that if I give your trick a go and it still doesn't work, then I'll have to cough up later...I'll let you know!!
  • I dismantled a Bic pen at great risk to my gnoshers and had a fiddle with various parts of it Ponygurl, but alas...no joy. But your suggestion was kind.
  • Is there anybody there?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Hahaha.  Too quiet is an undestatement.
  • The sites been down for me- it's working now. (Obviously) :-?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I thought it had all gone quiet so we could hear if there was any tapping.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Good news..got my iPad fixed by a nice local chap in a phone shop. £30. So can't complain.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!