Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
It is too quiet on here right now. So talk about anything.....
  • 372 Comments sorted by
  • I thought the Lily Allen video had a great way of spreading a message and I can't see why people are so upset when, like A_is_A said, it's obviously not meant in a serious way.

It seems to be happening all the time nowadays. People who are insulted by
    everything and then miss the point. The worst are those who start looking for things like racism only because they really want to find something and then be upset about it. Even if it is something that has always been there and isn't meant to be insulting (anymore) because times change. (It is often a good thing to change things but to be insulted about something that happened to your great grandparents can be a bit.. too much?)

I saw a documentary about how society thinks about women, it's called 'Sletvrees' and made by Sunny Bergman. It's a shame that it's a Dutch documentary (with only a few English spoken parts) because I can't find any (good) English articles about it. 
    Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2013-11-16 18:49:06
  • It happens every time, throughout history, when the economy is in the toilet.  People seem to become less rational, courteous and more paranoid and willing to lash out.  I try to just get silly....and I'm pretty good at it!
  • Very quite here today.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Sorry Jozz.
    Me = away from home. Loads of things to do here....
  • About Katy Perry - Yeah, I think she's in a difficult place with this. Like the video shows, that twerky-style stuff is identified as essentially MOBO (Music of Black Origin) - at least by people like me who don't know much about the nuances of the current scene. So a White woman attacking it is bound to be a bit tricky.

For what it's worth, personally, I think Lily's message is exactly on the mark. The way Rhianna  - to take one especially high profile example - has colluded in her own exploitation and degradation really depresses me. Somebody has got to stand up and fight it.   
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-11-18 15:48:07
  • Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-11-18 17:40:00
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Done everything i needed to do today. Been to the clinic. Done everything at the office. That is it till Monday morning. The last 3 days i have had to be up very early so i think i will carry on with that now my body clock is used to it. Only need to be in at half-nine on Monday.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Fucking Candy Crush and Pet Rescue  ~X(
  • Unbelievable. Just turned December and most of mates have put their Xmas tree up etc. Fuck off and get a life. Mine will go up one week before Xmas and come down 2nd January as some of us have to work. Bloody Christmas 8-|
  • One of my windows fell out! :-(

A first floor wooden-frame window (the outer bit, not the frame built into the wall... hard to explain...) had rusty hinges - they were all that were supporting it. Hinges disintegrated, and it fell about 14 feet onto the patio. Smashed the glass obviously but the frame is still good!

That was last weekend. Had glass replaced, put new hinges on frame, drilled pilot holes in wall frame. Now trying to work out how to get the f**ker back up in place!
  • We have had our tree up since the 25th. Always put it up then. 1 month before. I do agree, I think it is too soon. But i am not the boss of the house. Quite the opposite in fact. Loads will have put them up today.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • yeah we put are tree up today.
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Be warned. Going in a pound store at the moment is a serious risk. They are even more packed than normal. And that is saying something. Worse still, People do not let you past and are very short-tempered.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Managed to grab a bit more time on the computer. Eldest fell asleep doing her homework. So i have nabbed it. HE-HE.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Wow piece about Frapp in my local free newspaper, The Leigh Journal. Pic from Head First era. Headline= GOING FOR GOLD. Alison Goldfrapp will be treating fans to a performance at the same venue as her first art exhibition. The singer-songwriter will be taking to the stage at The Lowry in Salford Quays on March 27 as part of Goldfrapps 2014 tour. It follows a series of accaimed, Sold-out shows around the World in support of the electric music duos sixth album, Tales of us.
    Alison Goldfrapp curated her first art exhibition which opened at the Lowry in October and runs until March. Visit goldfrapp.com for tickets.

Yes i know you all know that but it is good for me knowing that everyone i go on about Frapp to will see this in the free paper. Made me happy.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!