Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • Silly question at the moment. ;) Immersing myself in it's beauty.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I keep switching between Tales Of Us and V V Brown's new album "Samson & Delilah" the whole day. Guess these 2 will be my most fav albums of 2013
  • Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Dang! I mean it's basically all Katy Perry's been doing for years but still good job.
  • Tales of Us (FINALLY!) lol
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • hifi has fallen slient for today, but will return later on, i don't have to say what will be playing... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Can't sleep.

Watched new Aracade Fire song Reflector (and crazy video) on pitchfork. Brilliant. :-)
  • ^ this is soooo good. again.
    Be patient.
  • I think I realised my problem with Goldfrapp's TOU this week. I mean I took Head First for was it was, a bit of fun, so quite enjoyed it in some ways. But with TOU I was ready for something serious. Something to really get the hairs on my back of my neck standing up.

So first date (Drew) was promising. I was definately interested, well totally 'up for it' if you get my drift ;-). But then, I don't know why, I just never got round to phoning for the second date even though people were saying great things.

So this week I thought 'I'll have to make an effort'. We have too much history to just drift apart. The time was right, I'd had some sleep, mind was clear and I was in a much better mood. So got everything how I wanted ready for a week of 'music love'. It started well. All the old things I loved were still there. We did some flirting, i was enjoying myself. I even forgot about my problems for a bit....

... but then something caught my eye. I'd seen them around, they were really good. I liked them a lot but not enough to ever get really serious. But this time something was different, something had changed. I couldn't keep my eye's away from their new sound and look. The hair's stood up on the back of my neck... this was the feeling i was looking for.

So I looked back a Goldfrapp's TOU. It was beautiful, warm, emotive, sexy ... but it just wasn't as exciting as this other thing giving me a lustful look across the room :-/. Maybe it's just bad timing. I still love Frapp soo much... but i just want to go and have crazy, mad, music love with this...

.. am I a bad person?

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-10 08:20:59
  • Yes, I'm afraid so.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-09-10 07:02:53
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Stranger..........it is like Al is singing directly into my ear.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'm sat at work with TOU in my headphones, sipping my miso and feeling a million miles away from the desk in front of me.

That's when I know an album is really working for me - I don't conciously zone out but just get taken there instead. I realise I'm a number of tracks in and I'm invested in the stories and the moods and then look up and realise the time that has passed.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • iuventus said:

Yes, I'm afraid so.

Sound's like your eye's are wandering aswell?

...i'll have to give TOU you time. The 'love fest' on here is spooking me out. Used to such negativity feel a bit weird. :-)
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-10 08:19:18
  • I'll have to wait 'til I return home to answer that honestly.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• ...i'll have to give TOU you time. The 'love fest' on here is spooking me out. Used to such negativity feel a bit weird. :-)

Yeah, this sudden 'people agreeing with each other' thing is enough to give this place a bad name!

We've got a reputation to live down to :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • We've got a reputation to live down to :))

Smirks.....it is rather unnerving to say the least but extremely refreshing to boot. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!