Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

Yes, I'm afraid so.

Sound's like your eye's are wandering aswell?

...i'll have to give TOU you time. The 'love fest' on here is spooking me out. Used to such negativity feel a bit weird. :-)
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-10 08:19:18
  • I'll have to wait 'til I return home to answer that honestly.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• ...i'll have to give TOU you time. The 'love fest' on here is spooking me out. Used to such negativity feel a bit weird. :-)

Yeah, this sudden 'people agreeing with each other' thing is enough to give this place a bad name!

We've got a reputation to live down to :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • We've got a reputation to live down to :))

Smirks.....it is rather unnerving to say the least but extremely refreshing to boot. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I quite like this , must be part of my sins I`m going to hell for ...

Goldfrapp - Annabel (MATZINGHA Edit)

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-10 13:20:09
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • finally giving the vinyl version of Tales Of Us a whirl, reviewer still pending but almost there....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The_Carpathian> I think Tales Of Us is a perfect headphone album. I enjoy it more on my headphones than anywhere else. It jjust adds to the intimate feeling of the album.
    Post edited by Archway at 2013-09-10 14:17:01
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • I was just about to post the YouTube video to Reflektor by Arcade Fire but Matt kindly did it this morning.  I heard it for the first time this evening on Zane Lowe and bought it on iTunes about a hour ago.  Good choice @tattmaylor!
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Sartori said:

I quite like this , must be part of my sins I`m going to hell for ...

Goldfrapp - Annabel (MATZINGHA Edit)

Looks like I'm going there too then!  >:)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • hey up mode long time no see... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Stranger said:

V V Brown - The Apple

Good choice!
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Stranger said:

V V Brown - The Apple

Good choice!

Thanks! I heard a preview stream right before the UK launch date on an exclusive website and I must say it's a superb album. It has a darkness but it reminds me of iamamiwhoami, Kate Bush, Grace Jones, Annie Lennox and more: all good things. I am anxiously awaiting Oct 10 when the Deluxe is for sale on iTunes. Strangely enough I can't find a physical release for the Deluxe version, only the regular one seems to be released on cd, which is a shame because the three bonus tracks are amazing. So iTunes it is for me. Counting the days for this one. The two singles, Samson and The Apple are really good but the album as a whole is even better but less commercial and more conceptual. Brown wasn't afraid to experiment and 'go there' and I say she did a marvelous job in creating a true classic.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Some quirky opening act.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ok I have to change my mind.

At first, I thought 'Tales of Us' was too acoustic-y, but after like 10 listens, it works.

Can't get enough of this album =D>
  • London Grammar - I you Wait

All very nice but....you know I already have loads of stuff that sounds like this already. I also have the out let to hear millions of other piece of music from the last 40 or so years. So sometimes it's not just about doing something well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!