Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4413 Comments sorted by
  • I think there might well be a way to post a URL to the YouTube clip where it doesn't expand & embed the actual thing. Let me have a play around as I know I've done it by accident before.

That would indeed be the ideal answer, tattmeister, as you'd have an uncluttered page AND a quick listening link if wanted. Good thinking there.

Off to have a play......
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Dreeke, when you say it is "Watch this song I like on youtube please", surely the part about sharing the experience (be it on youtube or not) is what the thread is about. "Here is what i am listening to, i think you may like to hear it as well". If not why are you sharing it on a forum?

I suppose the question is what you see the purpose of the "What are you listening to?" thread.
  • Yes, was going to suggest people use links rather than embedded Youtube clips. Can you not just type in a bit of text, highlight it, click on the 'link' icon, and then paste the Youtube URL into the popup?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-16 09:16:52

• Dreeke said:

Lanterns on the Lake

aha! Like this!

How did you do this Dreeke!
  • IAMX - Unified Field

Yep linky is best way.

Always wondered how people did this so decided to work it out :-)

I will do this from now on! :-)
  • Nicely done - seems there are numerous ways to share but not burden at the same time. Excellent stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • A Scorpions cd that i got today.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Melon collie sky! ;-)

• FKA Twigs - Papi Pacify
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Sorry to be a bit unclear about what I meant.
    But you guys figured it put anyway, that's exactly what I meant to say.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Oh, and I think I've said this before, but when you're just embedding youtubes without entering titles and artists I generally don't have any idea what you are listening to.
  • ^ Well, when it is embedded, the title is across the top of the window, right?

But yeah - for links... always best to say what/who it is...

• ^ Well, when it is embedded, the title is across the top of the window, right?

Nope, not for me.
    Blame Apple. ;)
  • Julia Holter - City Appearing

Re embedded links/videos, I'm really in favour of stopping it and just replacing the video with a link. The embedded links crash my iPod. As a result, I don't post in this thread as much as I would like to really.

I've used something called Flashblock (I think) to stop it on my laptop, but can't use it on my iPod and I mostly use my iPod / iPad.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • The new Kitchens of Distinction album - Folly

...ah ..it's like 20 years never happened.

This is still there best though.

Kitchens of Distinction - Drive that Fast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!