Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Now i have got my album. I feel great.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Emotionally drained.
    I Went on a road trip for the day to Suffolk with my sister on Saturday to where we used to go on holiday with Mum and my niece and nephew (we had been going there regularly from about 20 years or so) Spent the day going to all the places that we used to visit, the day was filled with tears and laughter remembering all the things we used to get up to and the fun we used to have.

It all hit home when we got to the beach and we both broke down as there were so many visual and audible reminders/memories (about an hour later Drew popped into my head with it's video references) also the last time we actually visited there was about 7 years ago and so much has changed in both of our lives since then that we were overwhelmed by what we were feeling. I think it was a cathartic experience but it has definitely taken its toll on me both physically and emotionally.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-09-09 02:34:40
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Not the best... As a fair few of you will know, I Cracked my rib on Saturday whilst mountain biking.. I've got to drive from brum to Oxford today in agony to get to a job interview... Which I'd rather not postpone. If anyone's driving southbound on the m40/a34 between 1 and 3 this afternoon please steer clear of any silver seat ibizas you come across!
  • Not the best... As a fair few of you will know, I Cracked my rib on Saturday whilst mountain biking.. I've got to drive from brum to Oxford today in agony to get to a job interview... Which I'd rather not postpone. If anyone's driving southbound on the m40/a34 between 1 and 3 this afternoon please steer clear of any silver seat ibizas you come across!

Best of wishes S , a Seat Ibiza fuelled by Ibuprofen and crossed fingers is all I can give .  
    Get well soon and obviously stay away from anyone with a cold/sniffles. Fingers crossed that they don't ask you to dance in the interview.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-09 04:15:32
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Good Luck Visual. I feel fine today. Got nothing to do. The much needed new fridge is being delivered this afternoon. And of course i will be listening TOU. Then its back to reality tomorrow.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

You could be the face of the new "Don't drink and cycle" campaign?

Look after yourself, Sally - get yourself a) mended and b) the job!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thanks everyone! I'll let you know if I survive both the journey and the interview!
  • If things are going badly , keel over and ask for a rematch .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ not while driving!

Good luck, by the way. :)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-09 04:42:37
  • I'm happy (or should that be Frappy?) that it's finally proper bona fide UK release day but not so happy I'm at work - really should have thought ahead and booked the day off!
  • Cervus said:

I think it was a cathartic experience but it has definitely taken its toll on me both physically and emotionally.

The one good thing about that is that you still care so much.

I often think that the pain of memories like that are a beautiful double edged sword of both loss & love.

Hugs to you :)
  • Oh sally! Best of luck for the interview, & feel better soon!

I feel covered in, surrounded by, immersed in 'Tales of Us' and by GOD it feels good.
    Really very glad I waited till today to hear it, in full & as it should be.

I love it. Really, really love it.
  • I have NOTHING to do today :) I had the choice of listening to the full quality WAVs on my pc/amp in the lounge... or listening to the converted MP3s on my phone + bedroom amp... whilst lying in bed. I chose the latter! Ooh, hearing Thea for the very first time. Thunderous!
  • Oh god, laurel is spooky, and quite heavenly. I'm hearing these for first time since MIF...
  • Ha! Mobile browser just told me 'body is required'. Creepy,

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!