Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Feeling much better....managed to get a couple of things off my chest that have been weighing on my mind.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • There's some lovely folks on here and if I had a hat to hand I'd put it on, just so I could raise it to them. They know who they are.

I guess I just had to post that last one of mine in order to let it out. You can only hold your breath for so long without going blue and that's never been my colour.

I've typed, edited and re-started this post about 6 times if that gives you an idea of the flux in my heat at the mo. I'm sure it'll calm down in the end......
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Aaarrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-02 20:35:31
  • In response to your deleted question, Whick: No, it really doesn't bother me that much. I expressed my distaste for what Mirror was doing, but also for the opportunity that it provided for others to show their weaker or meaner sides. Every day, it seems more and more petty--it, as in Mirror--but I hardly have the urge to whine on and on from thread to thread, trying to rouse others to surround him and take him down. I can't afford that kind of bitterness; so, I turn it into a source of amusement.

Anyone else that would be willing to help clarify for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

You mean: "Anyone else want to join me in targeting iuventus as well?" Apparently, it's only negative, harassing, trolling if it's displeasing to you, and my lack of support is apparently displeasing to you. So, have at me. Maybe you'll get an angry mob to chase off Mirror, me, Lisa, and anyone else who doesn't pander to your whining and moaning.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-02 20:45:21
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I've typed, edited and re-started this post about 6 times if that gives you an idea of the flux in my heat at the mo. I'm sure it'll calm down in the end......

C, I don't mean to invalidate your feelings, but this is such a small matter. As I've already suggested at least once, just look to the beauty, and you won't even see the junk that's getting you down. Where's all that big-brotherly wisdom and reason that you're so well known for?
  • iuventus said:

I've typed, edited and re-started this post about 6 times if that gives you an idea of the flux in my heat at the mo. I'm sure it'll calm down in the end......

C, I don't mean to invalidate your feelings, but this is such a small matter. As I've already suggested at least once, just look to the beauty, and you won't even see the junk that's getting you down. Where's all that big-brotherly wisdom and reason that you're so well known for?

I guess this place was a small straw on an otherwise weakened camel's back.

Just at that time the straw, however tiny, can be quite a disproportional weight.
  • hope you're okay carpy. a wise man once said to me its hard not to rise to it, but it gets you nowhere in the long term, and there truly is wisdom in that. I think we all feel that state of flux, the quakers were on to something x
    "its MY favourite song"
  • oh and I feel great cos I'm just back from the gym and I have abs of steel! just need to shift the spare tyre that they're hiding beneath, but there's not too much of it left :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

the quakers were on to something x

Oat recipes?

(yes, I'm trying my best this morning - results may vary!)
  • Oat recipes?(yes, I'm trying my best this morning - results may vary!)

Maybe that's all you need--some fiber and a good dump.

• Hot so far. Going to be a long day ^#(^
  • Small victories. Never underestimate them.

• iuventus said:

Anyone else that would be willing to help clarify for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

You mean: "Anyone else want to join me in targeting iuventus as well?" Apparently, it's only negative, harassing, trolling if it's displeasing to you, and my lack of support is apparently displeasing to you. So, have at me. Maybe you'll get an angry mob to chase off Mirror, me, Lisa, and anyone else who doesn't pander to your whining and moaning.

Thanks for the clarification, Iuventus.  No, I was looking for anyone else that was willing to help clarify why Mirror's presence is tolerated and, also, how my actions, lately, were viewed.  Got that!.  And, for anyone that thinks that Iuventus is being "mean to me" or something, that's not the case.  I asked a question that Iuventus answered.  It was so late at night that I was actually hoping that I had taken down my posted question before anyone saw it.

Then, it is exactly as I suspected.  What seems such to me a terribly offensive post that it's existence on a board .dedicated to a group of people (Goldfrapp) that I highly respect, is just not that big a deal to some.  Again, I am NOT trying to start an argument.  Just trying to understand and I now have that understanding.  I've realized, for awhile now, that I am not a source of contentedness on  this site, so you'll be hearing less from me, for certain.  Surely, at least until some moderators are activated.  I was well on that road when .... well, anyways.  Thanks, again, for the response, though in actuality, I wish I had deleted it a little sooner.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-03 06:11:16
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:56:10
  • I feel sleepy! Have exercising to do later though so am looking forward to that :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!