Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Hey, Caro!  Glad you're back!
  • Hi Caro!
    I forgot to mention that Caro is another Twitter bud! A big KT Tunstall fan as well.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hey, Caro!  Glad you're back!

Hi, Whickwithy! How've you been?  

Hi Caro!
    I forgot to mention that Caro is another Twitter bud! A big KT Tunstall fan as well.

Hey! I actually had a dream about KT yesterday, haha. It made me smile all day :)
  • A emotional day. Attended the funeral of a dear friend, Appy61's Mother in Law, Rosal. 89 years and a rich life. I mean it when I say some do not have it so lucky.
    A chance to dig out the black suit, which is affectionately refered to as the Wed or Dead suit, as this is generally when it gets out of its bag. Mrs Appy asked me to read the Eulogy, which she had written, and it seemed to be received well.
    Fingers crossed the suit has another long stay in the bag, unless a certain @KatRobin decides this is the year???
  • Hi Caro, very well, though chaotic.  If I remember, last time, you were in France?  Paris? studying?  

Been preparing for winter, since in Maine it can be quite brutal but so far, basically a no show.  And, we're almost half-way through the worst of it.

Interesting year.  I poured out about 200 poems in about three months.
  • It's a fair bit of winter here. Freezing cold, and some snow... Quite sunny though so It isn't bad.
  • It's the wind that always gets me.  A lot of winter there is a brutal wind from the northeast that just tears right through me.
  • We are blessed with the North Atlantic Drift in Europe, so weather isn't so extreme here. But most of Europe is influenced by huge high above Russia at the moment so cold air masses are dragged here.
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-01-07 08:49:47
  • Cold here too. We're not supposed to exceed 70F today. Though I've been defying Winter with shorts and t-shirts lately, I had to put on a coat last night for the drive to the cinema.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The tribute I read ended in the following verse, written by Helen Louise Marshall, who I was not aware of until then. It was very apt I thought.

I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one
    I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done
    I’d like to leave an echo, whispering softly down the ways
    Of happy times, and laughing times, and bright and sunny days
    I’d like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun
    Of happy memories that I leave when life is done
  • Hi Caro, very well, though chaotic.  If I remember, last time, you were in France?  Paris? studying?  

Been preparing for winter, since in Maine it can be quite brutal but so far, basically a no show.  And, we're almost half-way through the worst of it.

Interesting year.  I poured out about 200 poems in about three months.

Yes, I studied in Dijon. Now I'm doing an internship in California :)
  • So nice to see some returning to the fold and others joining! I lurve it! :x
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • caro said:

Yes, I studied in Dijon. Now I'm doing an internship in California :)

Hahaha!  Wow!  You get around.  I guess anywhere in California is nice but I'm particularly fond of the northern part.  Carmel is one of my favorite quaint little towns.  If you happen to go there, don't miss the Hog's Breath Inn.
  • I've just inducted my 9th person onto the board. The secret seems to be to allow your email address to be displayed on your profile page.
    The future is looking rosy!
  • iuventus said:

Cold here too. We're not supposed to exceed 70F today. Though I've been defying Winter with shorts and t-shirts lately, I had to put on a coat last night for the drive to the cinema.

Oh, poor you and your 70F/it's cold ! It's barmy here for the time of year at a heady 10C today (48F) and we still have loons walking round in shorts. Particularly Postmen, who seem a stout polar breed at any time !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!