Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by
  • Your wish has come true @Holyowl .... (prefered Stranger myself).
    But hey: we got 4 great live performances now (including Drew from the Jimmy Fallon Show).
    Not bad for starters....
  • Spot the words on the screen in front of her.
    Absolutely bloody wooooonderful Clay. Mmmmmmm. She's turning me =P~
  • stranger and clay, wonderful! 

ps: i noticed the autocue too HB, bless her. its her age! hahaha 
    >:)
  • NOoOoOoOoOooOoO............The T.V was'nt free so i had to miss it AgAiN........... Now i am Depressed :((
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Just watched Clay live on Jools Friday show. I haven't listened to the track for a while and I had instant hairs on end at the start of the first chorus. Amazing effect that song has on me. Really makes me shiver. As for Alison's presence, on Clay, a quiet reflective beginning is necessary to balance the gothic drama of the climax(es). So there.

• Love, love, love Goldfrapp for surprising us with not playing the obvious songs, that rarely happens on Jools.
    Bring on the shows!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• ping said:

stranger and clay, wonderful! 

ps: i noticed the autocue too HB, bless her. its her age! hahaha 
    >:)

I had the subtitles on as don't always catch the lyrics. It's because I kept turning the other shite down!

/:)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-04 19:29:48
  • ^ oh right, she had her own subtitles on a screen in front of her. I remember she had all the lyrics pinned around on HF tour too. I think I'd need it as well..,
  • i had the sky box on record, just checked it & it failed............ X(
    somethings trying to tell me something here & i don't like it...... double depressed :((
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Just voted - now up to 47% in the grauniad poll
  • Keep voting folks. Show the rest of the music world who's best!
  • All it really shows is who's fans are voting in a particular poll.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I've voted that's 48%
    By the way what political party is she standing for.
  • BigBird said:

I've voted that's 48%
    By the way what political party is she standing for.

I hope you remembered to press record???
  • Reflecting on the show - it seems very strange that the extended (65 minute) Friday version didn't include Annabel despite it being featured in the "live" (30 minute) Tuesday show. (I'm not complaining but normally I don't bother with the Tuesday show - perhaps I will now!)

Maybe it's because it was a much stronger line-up than last week so unusually all got 2 songs (plus 1 for the boring Franz F). Apart from Goldfrapp being amazing as expected, Gregory Porter and James Blake were pretty good. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!