Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I watched a really good documentary which I would say had a somewhat filmic quality to it, and it's one of the most intriguing music documentary's I have seen in a while,

Sound It Out-

What can I say, a bit like a real life Hi Fidelity perhaps, it follows the trials and tribulations of one of the last surviving record shops in the North East of England. I can't help wondering if any of the posters from the North East on this board have taken a trip to Sound It Out.

As much as this was about the people who collect records (usually men) I felt this documentary really touched on a lot of socioeconomic issues nicely. I learned an interesting statistic, that at the time of this documentary (2011), there were more record shops in the UK (possibly though I am not sure but possibly England too?) than there are in the whole of the United States! Reminds me of a conversation I had with @Alan earlier in the week.

Seriously interesting documentary, if you haven't seen it, highly recommended and would love to hear what others make of it who've seen it.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • World War Z. The most stupid, most boring movie ever, Brad Pitt's wife is a bad actress, kids annoying bad actresses, ooh zombies on a plane, ooh zombies in a lab facility, ooh Malcolm Tucker.

Malcolm Tucker didn't even swear once, shame on this third rate zombie movie!
  • Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and realised I never liked it as a child and still don't like it :-q
  • Bells said:

Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and realised I never liked it as a child and still don't like it :-q

The child catcher coming to get you ! I seriously had nightmares as a kid about him
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Dead Mans Shoes is on any minute on Film4, it's a great film with a great soundtrack. And Ben Wheatley is the director. Doesn't say he's director but he's involved!
    Post edited by folklore at 2013-07-07 17:51:18
  • Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and realised I never liked it as a child and still don't like it :-q
    Sartori said:

Bells said:

Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and realised I never liked it as a child and still don't like it :-q

The child catcher coming to get you ! I seriously had nightmares as a kid about him

The child catcher was excellently played by Robert Helpmann and so different from his ballet performances. Just found the film annoying  :-?
  • folklore said:

Dead Mans Shoes is on any minute on Film4, it's a great film with a great soundtrack. And Ben Wheatley is the director. Doesn't say he's director but he's involved!

That is one gritty film. Shane Meadows films certainly mix comedy/violence/drama etc  ^:)^
  • "V".  I really didn't know if I wanted to put it under this thread or "tory scum".  Did you know that the guy that played V was the same guy that played Elrond, in "Lord of the Rings" and the premier bad guy in "Matrix"?  That "V" monologue was brilliant.
  • I couldn`t stand `V` , I found the speeches to be the same trite podium grandstanding guff as "Starship Troopers" (the book) shiting on about proletariat and duty blah blah blah . But `vive le difference` .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Vive la proletariat and antidisestablishmentarianism.  Ummm, in the more general sense.  Or, is that genereal?  Yeah, it's a real mind-fuck.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-07 21:15:56
  • Vive la proletariat and antidisestablishmentarianism.  Ummm, in the more general sense.  Or, is that genereal?  Yeah, it's a real mind-fuck.

It was the preaching that got on my nerves in it .....and it got boring to me .
  • While there were a lot of things I liked about it, I think Natalie Portman put it over the top for me.  From "The Professional" to "My Blueberry Nights" she does some stunning portrayals.  Yeah, she's done some money-makers, also.  I think I'll move the rest I wanted to say to "tory scum".
  • Bells said:

folklore said:

Dead Mans Shoes is on any minute on Film4, it's a great film with a great soundtrack. And Ben Wheatley is the director. Doesn't say he's director but he's involved!

That is one gritty film. Shane Meadows films certainly mix comedy/violence/drama etc  ^:)^

"Are you......Jesus?"

That scene is an absolute killer!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • "Alien 3" last week - the Assembly Cut. I love Alien 3, and I will defend its merits and its superiority to "Aliens" until my dying breath.
  • "Alien 3" last week - the Assembly Cut. I love Alien 3, and I will defend its merits and its superiority to "Aliens" until my dying breath.

I do love both 1 and 2 but the odd thing is that I've probably seen 3 the most times. I honestly can't see why so many people bitch about it!

The first one had darkness, tunnels & Aliens and everybody loved it but the third one had...er....darkness, tunnels & Aliens AND giant fans!

Has to be win-win, surely?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!