Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Am seeing Sigur Ros on 30th June - ie a fortnight on Sunday. Will be first time seeing them, for me.

Cracking venue.. the Eden Project. :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-10 16:03:46
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Cracking venue.. the Eden Project. :)

Nah. Can't imagine ever seeing any good bands there...... :-\"
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Can you believe that was nearly 7 years ago?!
  • Can you believe that was nearly 7 years ago?!

Ouch :O

That creaking noise you hear is me suddenly feeling very old
  • Miles Kane at Bedford Corn Exchange last night. Two support bands Findlay and The Whorlls were very good.
    Miles was excellent of course.
    Here comes the downside. As soon as main act came on all the knobhead, loutish, ignorant, teenager twats "moshed" everyone who was at the front out the way. I was elbowed and jumped on and it hurt, young girl next to me went for a burton. I had booze down me twice which had been chucked from some moron behind us aiming at the stage and so was drenched down one side. My hair that I had just had done that same morning was wet with alcohol and to top it all I was so distressed I thumped the immature twat waving his arms and jumping on my bloody foot which gave me great satisfaction!!
    He tried to play the old innocent but I hurt my shoulder hitting the twat but didn't let on. Cried in the car all the way home and still cried in bed as I felt humiliated, distressed and soooooooo angry.
  • Aww, sorry to hear that, Helen.  :(

Wankheads like that should not be allowed in venues.

• Yeah, some people go to gigs and want to feel part of something communal & special but others want to be seen as much as the band.

I'm really not a fan of those types of crowd goers either.
  • My most recent gig was Lindsey Stirling at the Shepherd's Bush Empire.  She was really good.
  • Saw Eddie Izzard recently, funny stuff! Was pleased since i found his last show a little rough around the edges, this one was back on form though. I'll be going to Shepherds Bush Empire in a few weeks to see the J-Pop trio Perfume. Thats going to be an interesting day, travelling down to London, seeing the show, then catching the train back up all in one day. Then at the end of July i'll be seeing Dylan Moran. Haven't been to a gig in nearly a year and then 3 come along at once :P
  • A friend of mine saw Eddie a couple of weeks ago and said he was amazing..

Three this Autumn.

Basement Jaxx - Brixton
    Alison Moyet - Southend
    Frapp - Hammersmith

That is more than I have done in the past three years.......???? Been a bit hermit like for various reasons

Would love to get me some Derren Brown tickets to at some point..... :)

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Yoko Ono's Meltdown starts tonight, it's a very good line up

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/yoko-onos-meltdown/

I would love to go to a few things but consider myself more than lucky that I am seeing the amazing Siouxsie Sioux tomorrow night, I expect I will have something to say about that. I can't help wondering whether she'll be using Goldfrapp's bass player again :o3
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-14 15:52:09
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Finally got my ticket for Perfume today after waiting about a month longer than people who ordered at TicketWeb. Oh TicketMaster, charge me £5 for delivery but just don't specify how quickly you'll actually send them, you really are a bitch aren't you? My annoyance at the late delivery was squashed when i saw their performance at Cannes Lion Creativity Festival today though!

Very much looking forward to this show, set to be very flashy :D
  • Russel Brand in October , Russell Howard god knows when , Frapp Sunday , Frapp a la Summy House and Frapp de la Hammersmith .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Russel Brand is on Question Time in about 25 mins, I might for my sins have a watch...
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Neneh Cherry in early July at MIF 2013!! Followed by a band who we all seem to like in mid July....
  • We're at the great Best Kept Secret festival.
    Yesterday we saw some great shows by Money, Bloc Party, Fuck Buttons and Doldrums
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!