Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • Mirror said:

Mirror is not Corvina: strike 2, Sartori.

One cannot talk about electronic music without mentioning Kraftwerk, though.
    Between 1974-1977 they were of utmost importance to the genre, and effectively created it.
    They defined the sounds and the images which would come to dominate the genre for many years to come.
    Even Ms Goldfrapp seems of fan of them, Mirror knows she went to see them during their Tate Modern residency.

As for Mirror's comments on the singer's appearance... well, Kraftwerk did sum that up pretty well:

In order for Mirror to feel "victimized", it should have thoughts of its own.
    However, Mirror just reflects how you project your own feelings onto things.
    And when most people respond negatively, it merely asks: why so negative?

Kraftwerk ! Kraftwerk ! they were an electronic Mumford and Sons of their time , I`d rather eat a cat smegma sandwich than listen to Trans Europe Boring Express again . Hopefully that`ll be strike 3 . 

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  I`d like my post to be described as an "an affront to taste , a travesty of post modern industrial musique criticism  and setting back humankind 10 years" if thats ok ? ;) ....none of those cheeky one word descriptions .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • .....actually I`ll settle for "crass" and be proud of my achievement then ring my mum up , she`ll be chuffed .
  • Lisa said:

Might be difficult to understand, but I do have a life outside this messageboard/forum.

A what?! ;)
  • chokka said:

Who was Corvina?

I'm not really down with the history of GMBers...

Corvina was on the old messageboard. she and Lisa used to engage in mostly harmless discussions that kind of resemble this thread. usually a calculated/provocative statement about Alison (who isn't here to defend herself) not being as young/good as she used to be, which would intimidate/incense some people. this would escalate into conflict/drama which would be used as a stick to beat people with, and it was all jolly good fun/a bit disturbing depending on how it sat with your values. you can probably read them on the old forum as long as no one has deleted it/them.

face it Sartori, mirror is mirror, mirror is not corvina, corvina is corvina ;)

any shared love of kraftwerk is purely coincidental...

"its MY favourite song"
  • Thanks tweety! Ur a well coiffed gent! :-)
  • iuventus said:

So, if Mirror is Corvina, we've likely been tag-teamed. Plus, it explains Lisa's stance and sudden reappearance.

To be fair, Lisa appeared and said hi (again) a full 2 weeks before 'Mirror' showed up.
  • whisperit said:

Man, life is hard enough - for any of us. Being a female front-woman for a band is tough, especailly as you get older..

Its good to have constructive discussion about Goldfrapp's art and music. But this critical focus on Alison's choices about her own body (teeth veneers etc)?

Please show some decency and compassion.

Agreed. I was mildly irked by Mirror referencing Alisons sexuality too..... I don't wanna know about her private life, I'm all about the music...
  • chokka said:

Thanks tweety! Ur a well coiffed gent! :-)

thanks for the compliment! my mirror doesn't talk to me
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

chokka said:

Thanks tweety! Ur a well coiffed gent! :-)

thanks for the compliment! my mirror doesn't talk to me

Conversely... This mirror talks too much.
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:57:58
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:57:47
  • Generally RE: this thread and non specific to any post or postererer

News just in ......"someone has denied something on the internet....but it was true ..... they fibbed"....newsflash ends

News just in : Riots are randomly breaking out across the globe at this news , I can bring you a live report from our mewsreporter (of non specific gender) who has run into some trouble 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-01 08:33:24
  • .......its coming

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!