Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:59:10
  • I agree, I don't think threads should be closed or modded unless they're spam and this one is not!
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:58:53
  • Haha, if you don't guess , then you don't win.
    The bits that I put are based solely on my perceptions from Mirrors posts, I've reread them with a different context in mind, that the person would justify anything they say by using "Mirror" as a persona or stage character if you like . If I'm wrong, then I'm.wrong , I have no vanity over my opinion or perceptions.
    I don't really care who it is, my post is more for amusement than anything, as "Mirror" posts without humour the thread has no interest to me, I won't debate personal.criticism let alone even acknowledge it as up for discussion on a forum where words appear so easily out of context and meaning .

I recall a story of a wise man being shown his place in the universe, his infinitesimal smallness against infinity and he is driven insane, a barbarian is shown the same view, he replies "so what? " .....and that is my feeling to this thread , to every single one of Mirrors comments
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • If I was a mod I wouldn't shut the thread down., as you note Lisa, rereading them you see lines that are there . I came up with Corvina as I recalled her strongly protesting against having to write things as opinion and not as misrepresented facts in invisi text as usual haha
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:58:38
  • Mirror said:

And why does everyone respond so negative to Mirror's comments?

With all due respect, but if you were to pull your head out of your ass even for a second, then maybe you could see that a lot of members have actually taken the time to very politely answer some of the questions you have brought up in this thread. The real reason there is no proper conversation going on though, is because you always reply to other people with insults, disrespect and whatnot.

Like just yesterday I tried to say something about Alison's voice and how it has changed (as did few other members also), but still at the end of the day your comeback to us was "Look in the Mirror, and see how ugly you are". Seriously?

I don't think you are stupid, I think you knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread. You merely wanted to evoke negative reactions in fans, so that you could then slip into this little victim mode of yours. And now you're using it as a pathetic excuse to say what the fuck you want to everyone else.

It might have been funny in the beginning, but currently you have really started to cross some lines with your rudeness. Please, knock it off already....

• Lisa said:

I looked back at some of Mirror's posts, and actually, he/she seems very careful in not crossing the lines, therefore closing the thread would mean being really against freedom of speech.

Are we even reading the same thread here?  :-/
  • Mirror is not Corvina: strike 2, Sartori.
    One cannot talk about electronic music without mentioning Kraftwerk, though.
    Between 1974-1977 they were of utmost importance to the genre, and effectively created it.
    They defined the sounds and the images which would come to dominate the genre for many years to come.
    Even Ms Goldfrapp seems of fan of them, Mirror knows she went to see them during their Tate Modern residency.

As for Mirror's comments on the singer's appearance... well, Kraftwerk did sum that up pretty well:

In order for Mirror to feel "victimized", it should have thoughts of its own.
    However, Mirror just reflects how you project your own feelings onto things.
    And when most people respond negatively, it merely asks: why so negative?

Post edited by Mirror at 2013-06-30 16:44:00
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Who was Corvina?

I'm not really down with the history of GMBers...
  • So, if Mirror is Corvina, we've likely been tag-teamed. Plus, it explains Lisa's stance and sudden reappearance.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Mirror said:

Mirror is not Corvina: strike 2, Sartori.

One cannot talk about electronic music without mentioning Kraftwerk, though.
    Between 1974-1977 they were of utmost importance to the genre, and effectively created it.
    They defined the sounds and the images which would come to dominate the genre for many years to come.
    Even Ms Goldfrapp seems of fan of them, Mirror knows she went to see them during their Tate Modern residency.

As for Mirror's comments on the singer's appearance... well, Kraftwerk did sum that up pretty well:

In order for Mirror to feel "victimized", it should have thoughts of its own.
    However, Mirror just reflects how you project your own feelings onto things.
    And when most people respond negatively, it merely asks: why so negative?

Maybe if you stopped pretending you were a bloody mirror and instead behaved like you're a human being, you could cut the pseudo-intellectual crap and actually have a real discussion with us.

But no, you'll probably just respond to this with another irritatingly up-your-own-arse post that makes little sense and doesn't even tackle any points that we've raised.

• [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 04:58:13

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!