Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • There's clearly nothing coming any time soon from Will + Allison. Sad. Unless they are negotiating for a record deal and can't really talk about it. Who knows. Just no news at all is a little frustrating especially given the recent show and visibility.

It's really hard to say. There's news one week that they're slowly working on new stuff, then the next week it's like they don't have anything planned. If they're taking a hiatus that's understandable after 20+ years... I'd just love confirmation on what's going on.

• Exactly. Would be nice to have some news. Not that it is owed :)
  • As far as I am aware, they are currently committed to a deal for at least 3 albums when they resigned after Head First, so TOU & Silver Eye were 1 & 2, so I don’t think it’s a deal issue unless they are renegotiating. I’m expecting something to be announced Spring 2023 as we know they have been swapping ideas recently.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Wonder if this is in preparation of the new Will+Allison album or a solo effort: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgU1D-fL0Yj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • The wait is really long… and with no clues or news…
  • Alison has been reposting a lot of Silver Eye photos on Instagram. Every time she does I'm thinking "please take new ones. Please".

• She's working on new stuff as she posted something on her instagram late November time. Whether it's for frapp or solo stuff is anyone's guess. I'm just happy to see her so happy and working on stuff and just enjoying the process! :)
  • I'm wondering if she's planning a more permanent solo jump? Will has completely vanished from her life, it seems.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

I'm wondering if she's planning a more permanent solo jump? Will has completely vanished from her life, it seems.

I think because Will is older and not really on social media we can't really say for sure whether they've managed to work together through long distance/virtually instead. She posted something the other day about her meeting with Davide which got me a little excited about the possibility of him returning for the new album.
  • Last I read about her and Will she did say they had been collaborating with some early ideas. I think we will get another GF album but a solo collaborating with others is a big possibility too.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I’m thinking a solo album with multiple collaborators including Will on a few pieces. One can dream :)
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2022-12-06 12:43:46
  • Alison's new year's eve Instagram message: "I can't wait for 2023, it's gonna be a good one!" 
    Caption includes phrases such as "23 is a magic number" and #newmusic.

Can't blame a man for being hopeful after that?

• Low said:

Alison's new year's eve Instagram message: "I can't wait for 2023, it's gonna be a good one!" 

Caption includes phrases such as "23 is a magic number" and #newmusic.

Can't blame a man for being hopeful after that?

such great news!!! thanks for sharing.
    Post edited by LuDux at 2023-01-13 11:42:17
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Confirmed to be a solo effort this time around.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!