Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • From what I’ve seen and heard from her, there is no suggestion of her hanging up the mike just yet. She’s certainly talking about next year past the Felt Mountain 20th (21st) anniversary gigs and being at next years Glastonbury and other places she want’s to play. I see the same prelude as that into Silver Eye; the collecting of photos and travel to experience different environments. She’s been holed up near us on the Essex/Suffolk border during lockdown (we can spot the backdrop in some of her photos, particularly the video where she is swimming in the river) and it’s that that stokes up her creative juices.
    Everything’s been put back but that’s a v creative team and they can’t help themselves but to be, well, creative!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I wonder if that exposure to nature may lead her back towards a 7th Tree type of project?
  • I wonder if that exposure to nature may lead her back towards a 7th Tree type of project?

Here's hoping. As long as the string arrangements return!

• I would love to see them take on either a dark, stringy and sombre or tropical, tribal approach. The latter would definitely tie in with her understandable rock obsession!
    Post edited by Slippage at 2020-10-23 20:54:03
  • As long as the nature exposure doesn't lead to another Tales of Us... Don't get me wrong, I love Goldfrapp's quieter side, but there just wasn't enough *kick* to that album looking back (still a gorgeous and engaging work but not one I go back to over Seventh Tree or Felt Mountain).
  • I defined a genre/playlist for myself that is based as lot on Goldfrapp, Sade, F+M, and a lot of others.  But, the one that always comes to mind to define the genre is Sarah Mclachlan World on Fire.  There's this intensity masquerading as gentleness.  In fact, she's done a few with that hidden intensity, like Silence. and Into the Fire.  That last one.  Whew!  It's so smooth as it hammers you into the ground.  TOU had more of that kind of genre than I initally realized.
  • TOU is good dinner party music I have found, especially if the guests are Goldfrapp virgins. It often prompts comments like “who is this we are listening to” ? and thus a backdoor into introducing them to the delights that lie the other side of that door.
  • TOU is a lovely piece of work and was much needed after Head First, but I always find myself mostly going back to Jo, Drew, Thea and Clay and the rest of them less often. Though I guess I have a problem with consistency for Silver Eye as well. 

Above all else, I want album 8 to to hook my ears from beginning to end.

• GAH. Not a peep. It’s been so long :(
  • Hey guys,

Some good news. Alison revealed in a new Monocle interview that work on the next album has started.

________

What have you been working on lately? And from where?
    I take photos and draw, which I always like to do. I’m also making music again after a little break. It feels good to be getting back into it; it was a huge disappointment having to cancel shows earlier this year.

________

• Best news in a long time!!! Thanks for sharing. Get the feeling that after a long break the process will feel fresh and exciting again. Can’t wait to hear what they cook up!
  • What do we think then, 2022?  :P

• I’m hoping for end of 2021. Maybe an EP by summer? Would be great if they changed things up in terms of types of releases and cadence.
  • I was thinking that myself. An EP, a few singles or even whatever leftovers they just have lying around would be nice to hear next year lol. The waiting period between each album seems to be getting longer each time.

• Would be really nice to get some news from Goldfrapp on new music. Even if it is down the road. We need hope! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!