Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • woohoo

In the latest Classic Pop Magazine:

Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory are almost ready to unveil the much-anticipated follow-up to 2017's Silver Eye. Speaking exclusively to Classic Pop, Alison revealed: "We are tinkering about at the moment. We're doing it remotely, which is interesting for us and a first. It's alright and much better than I thought it would be. But obviously we'll still do stuff in the flesh, too." Pressed on what type of Goldfrapp record we might expect, Will Gregory teased: "Whenever we decide on a direction we go the opposite way. It's a mixture."

Heaven knows we need some good news right now!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • "almost"

I'll take it
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• "We're doing it remotely"

NSA, you lucky bastards
    Post edited by LuDux at 2022-03-07 15:58:58
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • woohoo

In the latest Classic Pop Magazine:

Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory are almost ready to unveil the much-anticipated follow-up to 2017's Silver Eye. Speaking exclusively to Classic Pop, Alison revealed: "We are tinkering about at the moment. We're doing it remotely, which is interesting for us and a first. It's alright and much better than I thought it would be. But obviously we'll still do stuff in the flesh, too." Pressed on what type of Goldfrapp record we might expect, Will Gregory teased: "Whenever we decide on a direction we go the opposite way. It's a mixture."

Heaven knows we need some good news right now!

CONFIRMATION! Sweet affirming confirmation! 

• That would be really great if Goldfrapp came out with something soon.  It really doesn't sound imminent to me, though.  "tinkering about"?  I sure hope I'm wrong.  It would be nice to hear something new from them.
  • This is some very welcomed news indeed! i was honestly under the impression that they were both working on solo projects for now and not really working on anything new together, so it's really great to see this :)
  • gah - some news or indication would be so nice right now - been SO LONG!!!
  • gah!!!
    “Will and I don’t have any plans to release anything as yet,” she replies, somewhat elusively, “But I’ve been doing all sorts of things on my own, writing and noodling about. And at the moment I’m finding myself very drawn to colour, probably because we’ve been in quite a strange situation for a good couple of years now. I’m like, bring on the colour! Bring on the euphoria!”

Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2022-05-07 13:52:33
  • I think Will and Isabella Summers would work together well ....  Just a guess.
  • gah!!!

“Will and I don’t have any plans to release anything as yet,” she replies, somewhat elusively, “But I’ve been doing all sorts of things on my own, writing and noodling about. And at the moment I’m finding myself very drawn to colour, probably because we’ve been in quite a strange situation for a good couple of years now. I’m like, bring on the colour! Bring on the euphoria!”

2023. 2024? 202....5.

• I don’t know about all of this anymore. When I look back at the last 5 years… a very long break + the pandemic and nothing even remotely special was released for Felt Mountain? There was plenty of time. Perhaps legal issues prevented that. But even new material would be nice and could take many forms (single, EP, etc) and nothing. And not even a hint of anything. It’s getting frustrating to be a Goldfrapp fan. Sorry - in my old crotchety man mood today.
  • It could be worse Lukas, you could be a Portishead fan!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Or Kate Bush. Or David Sylvain. Quite true.

Or Kate Bush. Or David Sylvain. Quite true.

Daft Punk was a rough one. Wait 8 years for an album. Then they break up. Oh well.
    Post edited by Low at 2022-05-12 03:21:46

• There's clearly nothing coming any time soon from Will + Allison. Sad. Unless they are negotiating for a record deal and can't really talk about it. Who knows. Just no news at all is a little frustrating especially given the recent show and visibility.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!