Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • I have tickets to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets tour at the end of April (already rescheduled from last Autumn) & it’s just been postponed till April 2022.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Alison's latest Instagram story: "Today I'm in a cosy studio making stuff, lord knows quite what yet but it feels really good to be playing and singing... it's always like figuring out a giant jigsaw puzzle... And watching the snow falling feels like the perfect accompaniment x x x"

Ladies and gentlemen, she back

• I tried to post the photo she put up but instagram is not Goldfrapp forum friendly it seems.
    Nascent days for album 8? It’s certainly looking like it!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2021-02-09 11:23:15
  • It’s confusing, because she also stated recently that new music won’t be for a “long time” with a sad face.  I wonder if she just means because of the current restrictions or if they just have no plans...
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Alison just posted to Instagram with the hashtags "making" and "music". A fan asked, "new album"? Alison replied "No".

Don't know what to think!
    Post edited by Low at 2021-03-24 10:06:44

• Gaelen said:

It’s confusing, because she also stated recently that new music won’t be for a “long time” with a sad face.  I wonder if she just means because of the current restrictions or if they just have no plans...

Misread it as  "no pianos"
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• Low said:

Alison just posted to Instagram with the hashtags "making" and "music". A fan asked, "new album"? Alison replied "No".

Obviously they are making studio versions of S/LD/FK

• LuDux said:

Low said:

Alison just posted to Instagram with the hashtags "making" and "music". A fan asked, "new album"? Alison replied "No".

Don't even put the idea into my head

• Maybe an EP or single to celebrate the 20th of FM.
  • OR by responding “no” to the “new album?” question it may simply mean that they aren’t ready to even pronounce themselves on whether the stuff they are working on will = an album. their process is quite improvisational at early stages so may not “feel” like an album yet. Who knows.
  • I think whatever she is working on is for less commercial reasons, so it won't get an actual studio release per-see but may be featured as art maybe? Right now she's working on a lot of visual work I think as an artist she's just keeping all her options open and just working on whatever she feels like when the time arises.

The way I look at it, she's in a good place creatively, so I'm pretty sure what's to come will be interesting :)
  • Low said:

LuDux said:

Low said:

Don't even put the idea into my head

Sorry

Sound board recordings would be enough
  • It’s just been such a long time since Silver Eye. Is this the longest time between albums so far?
  • 2000 Felt Mountain
    2003 Black Cherry
    2005 Supernature
    2008 7th Tree
    2010 Head First and The Singles
    2013 Tales of Us
    2017 Silver Eye
    2021 release would equal the gap between TOA & SE & the Pandemic has obviously impacted on this. Fingers crossed for 2022.

• I'm actually amazed that they've been able to keep up the push to release a new album every couple of years!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!