Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 353 Comments sorted by
  • I’ve been having quite the chat on Twitter with Caro Maple over this. Seems she’s a fan too and she’s coming over for a couple of the gigs in March/April, as is Anouk and Minsku.
    Did I say I have a spare stalls ticket for London RFH if anyone’s interested.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Peter Green; self effacing founder member of Fleetwood Mac. He didn’t want the band named after himself so when pushed for a name he suggested combining the names of his drummer & bassist.
    Found this documentary about his influences, guitars, amps and effects interesting watching.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2020-07-28 05:16:57
  • He was also the songwriter of Black Magic Woman; a song I’ve spent most of my life thinking was a Santana song when it was actually a cover. From the 1968 Fleetwood Mac album English Rose.

• Enigmatic, fragile, private, creative and influential.
    Seminal is a very apt word in his case.
  • Handful of people recently. Already can't remember most. John Saxon...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I’m only aware of him from Enter the Dragon.
  • Harold Budd. Goodnight, Moon
  • And Chuck Yeager too! He was a hero to even kids in Britain when he broke the sound barrier.
  • Tragic news today. Philip Todd was known as "Fenland" on the old GMB. Although he posted here only briefly as Fenlander62, he remained a keen Frapp fan

Image may contain: text that says "13:39 Chris's post Chris Wright is with Philip Todd and Claire Wright. 29 m Dear friends of Philip Todd. Sadly have to report that the difficult decision to end Phil's life support has been taken. Following his heart attack last week, Phil unfortunately suffered massive brain damage. The health professionals have done everything they can to treat him, and can do no more. Unfortunately it is merely a matter of time now. Please keep Phil and his family in your thoughts. I will update you all in due course. Chris"

• This is so, so sad. We communicated most commonly over the last 2 to 3 years on Twitter, where he was known as Twitching Phil after his love of birds & bird watching. We were both born in the Fens about 4 miles apart & I was about 4 years older than him. We had a lot in common aside of that as we both thought Brexit was an appallingly short sighted decision & we both deeply hated Tories & their values, or rather the lack of them. 
    Rest in Peace Phil. Rest in power friend & we will raise a glass in your honour this Christmas & at the next gig when the #FrappFam meet, whenever that eventually comes to pass. 
    =((
  • This is Phil for those who didn’t know him. He is standing immediately behind Anouk (roughly centre front in the beige coat) & slightly to the right of Bethan.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2020-12-22 13:32:15
  • Yes, definitely a toast will be made whenever the Frappers are next together
  • Hi all
    For anyone interested, the #FrappFam on Facebook have arranged a Zoom meet-up this Friday at 7.30pm GMT in memory of Phil Todd. He always liked what he called ‘a chippy tea’ on a Friday, which is Deep fried fish in batter, chips & mushy peas if you don’t know, so some of us will be trying to replicate that in his honour & raise a glass. If you can and want to make it, all are welcome. It is being hosted by Julia Maddox in New York so it will be an international affair. @CaroMaple will be taking part, as will I, Elliott, David Baxter etc. Here’s the link

• I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • No Second Troy

by William Butler Yeats

Why should I blame her that she filled my days
    With misery, or that she would of late
    Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
    Or hurled the little streets upon the great,
    Had they but courage equal to desire?
    What could have made her peaceful with a mind
    That nobleness made simple as a fire,
    With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
    That is not natural in an age like this,
    Being high and solitary and most stern?
    Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
    Was there another Troy for her to burn?

RIP Sinéad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!