Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Phase II of extermination is in progress-
  • 277 Comments sorted by
  • There has always been an undercurrent of racism in the UK. It comes with the last 800 years of wars and Empire. It had been forced mainly underground but I’m afraid Brexit opened the door to the UK being painted as superior to all the other countries in Europe, then the same sense over other ( predominantly non white skinned nations) and racism has come back here with a bang. It’s sickening as it will lead to violence and ultimatley, a rise of Fascism. The US is on the same path; hardly surprising as the same actors are at work driving it and the public are, generally, too thick to realise. God, some are so easily manipulated and triggered! No common sense at all. It comes with loosing sight of what is actually the real truth in any situation, and not the partisan bullshit passed off as truth trotted out by politicians and their shadowy paymasters who control all the news outlets. 
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It's like the whole world is turning (or tuning) into an episode of the Jerry Springer Show.  Everyone is rubbernecking in order to find reasons to be outraged and find someone at whom point the finger.  It's gotta be somebody's fault!

I finally figured out what is wrong with aggregators of news, like google and yahoo.  They take all of the news and find out which ones hit a nerve.  Those go to the top.  What a plan!  Let's see just how much useless outrage can be fomented.  Let's see just how much the world of mankind can foam at the mouth.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I look at all of the conspiracy theories and righteous indignation.  Anyone that wants to make a buck nowadays only needs to dream up a good conspiracy theory and they will get people foaming at the mouth and passing it on.  Or, they can point out some minor aspect of the debacle of humanity's situation and get the same reaction.

No one is willing to look in the mirror and admit that they are looking at the problem.  We all want to get outraged and distract ourselves from the fact that we know in our heart of hearts that the problem goes much deeper.  No one is willing to look.  Everyone is convinced we are going to remain little more than an animal driven insane by its wit rather than admit that there is only one thing wrong.  And, most ridiculously, it is fucking easy to fix.

I wonder if I can laugh and cry at the same time.
  • Fark user image
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Whoa!!  I had to go to the store today.  It was my first  time out since lockdown.  I had to ride around to find a store without a line in front of it.  My usual store had about fifty people waiting to get in.  By the time I left the store that I finally went to, there was a line.  Altogether, though, it was good day.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2020-05-27 14:10:07
  • It looks like Trump has finally realised that the current situation is dealing a serious blow to his hopes of re-election, so he’s going for a play of encouraging civil unrest, based on the unfolding events in Minneapolis, probably so that he can find a way to abandon the election in November ‘in the need for public safety’.
    The man is a fascist, and will stop at nothing to retain power, and the need for fair and honest elections written Ito the Constitution he see’s as a minor impediment.
    Be aware people as this is kicking off quite rapidly. 
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2020-05-30 15:41:55
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • Trump tweets he wants to put Antifa on the list of "terrorist" organisations. Meanwhile, his supporters stand on the steps of city halls brandishing automatic weapons.
    Can there be any doubt he is a new Fuhrer?
  • The stupid arse claims he’s anti antifa, so in effect, he’s stating he’s ‘Fa’ by default. As we all understand the Fa stands for Fascist, he’s putting it front and centre he’s a Fascist.
    He’s anti antifa the same as he is anti anti-corruption and anti anti-collision.
    God knows how such a dense and stupid man ever became President of the US.
  • Sorry.  Sounded too much like a conspiracy theory.  That fucking village idiot drives me crazy.

Let me try this instead.  It is a very interesting article...

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2020-06-04 11:29:36
  • Just wondering how good George Floyd is feeling this morning about the ‘good news’ on US jobs figures that it’s only 40 million out of work and not the 42 million Figure that it was at the start of the Month. Trump seemed to think George would be happy about that good news.
    Seriously, Trump is deranged and dangerous and whatever happens in November is not going to go well. Either another 4 years of the most poisonous and destructive personality to ever hold the office or a battle to get him to relinquish the House if he loses. 
    #BlackLivesMatter and until they do, #AllLivesMatter is just a hollow trope.
  • If anyone is still in doubt about Trump's deliberate use of fascist demogoguery he is now using the red triangle to denote antifascist opponents, just as the Nazis did in the extermination camps https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jun/18/facebook-removes-trump-re-election-ads-that-feature-a-nazi-symbol
  • Meanwhile, Sarah Cooper manages to make me laugh at the Orange Nazi

• Post edited by GPear at 2020-06-20 09:15:06
  • More ! More!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!