Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • The Goldfrapp social media accounts have been posting a lot of throwback pictures lately ... I really hope they are getting ready for some news!
  • Even a cryptic hint at this point would keep me going... maybe soon.
  • Funny you should mention this. I listen to the radio a lot, like all day at times. BBC 6 music generally.
    You get to know how much they play of certain bands and the incidence generally goes up when an artist is coming up to release something, kind of pre-emptying it to bring the artist back to people's attention. They are a GF supporting station and the incidence of Goldfrapp has definatley been up in the last few week. I would guess on average between releases they play one song a week and last week it hit 5, yes 5, in the times I was listening.
    It got me wondering and hopeful that something is coming.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The incidence of Goldfrapp on the Radio remains high. Tom Robinson on BBC 6 Music with Lovely Head on Saturday. Definite upswing.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • News any day now...
  • Would be a great idea to put some vinyl reissues in the meantime to remind folks of their legacy and set up for the next album... It seems like Mute can't be bothered and I can't quite figure out why. They'd definitely sell...
  • With Will's continuing work on so many wildlife programmes, and the Frapp's connection to the natural world, I'd like an album that is a soundtrack and rallying call for the resistance to biocide. Sort of like Biophilia, but with good music.
  • Or maybe something about cenotes, they're quite magical to swim in.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The silence truly is deafening
  • What's the background music in Alison's latest Instagram story?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Would be a great idea to put some vinyl reissues in the meantime to remind folks of their legacy and set up for the next album... It seems like Mute can't be bothered and I can't quite figure out why. They'd definitely sell...

It has begun.

• I’m in the mood for something cinematic again, more reduced but with hard beats or guitar riffs in contrast. Probably does not make too much sense, just my vibes for now.
    Be patient.
  • Finding it a little strange and disconcerting that there’s been not even a peep from the band about what’s next after all this time yet we hear about Will’s scoring projects, etc.
  • I hope we do get another album, plus a live boxset including concerts filmed that we haven't seen.
    Oh and the long overdue "unreleased" collection
  • Well. Seems like they are officially on ‘hiatus’ for a while. See last blurb from; https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/tvfilm/8527620/will-gregory-interview-scoring-serengeti

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!