Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 353 Comments sorted by
  • I heard about his passing at work. Very sad disease that he has but my god he was a fighter. And the mind of a genius. I'd love to go and see a film dedicated to his life works.
  • One of the Fathers of Science Fiction. City on the Edge of Forever is arguably the best ever Star Trek original series episode. He wrote the original outline, but hated the fact that his name remained on it after it was redrafted by D.C. Fontana, Gene Coon and others. The episode won a Hugo Award, with just Ellisons name on it, but he knew it was a lie and asked to have his name removed, which never happened.
    A true Seer.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Awww...the wonderful Pete Shelley

(In the punk days, videos looked like this)

• I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Keith Flint - The Prodigy. 49 years old. Suffered from depression. Took his own life. A link through electronica between Dance music and Rock.
  • Post edited by LuDux at 2019-07-24 13:56:20
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Rutger Hauer was such a menacing character as android Roy Batty in Blade Runner. Hard to believe he was 75. Mind you, when you realise the film was made 37 years ago in 1982, I suppose he would have to be.
    Might have to give it a watch this weekend for nostalgia.
  • Rutger Hauer was such a menacing character as android Roy Batty in Blade Runner. Hard to believe he was 75. Mind you, when you realise the film was made 37 years ago in 1982, I suppose he would have to be.
    Might have to give it a watch this weekend for nostalgia.

It's weird because he starts off menacing and really quite frigtening, but near the end during his "time to die" speech he's almost afraid, but calm. I always get a little teary eyed because all he really wanted was to live longer and see more things and not be exploited because of what he was. It has to be one of my all time favourite films.
  • Hobo with a Shotgun might be better.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Peter Edward (better known as Ginger) Baker. In his own words ‘Time Keeper’!
    Best known as setting up UK Supergroup Cream in the late 1960’s with Jack Bruce (Bass and Vocals) and Eric Clapton (Guitar and vocals).
    One of the greatest percussionists and drummers ever, he was experimental with the art of drumming, blending Jazz and African rhythms and pioneered Jazz Fusion and World music. As well as Cream, he led Ginger Baker’s Air Force, The Graham Bond Organisation (again with Bruce), Blind Faith (again with Clapton), the Baker Gurvitz Army and collaborated with Fela Kuti, Gary Moore, Public Image Ltd, Hawkwind, Atomic Rooster (who’s other drummer was Carl Palmer of another Supergroup Emerson, Lake and Palmer), Bill Haswell, Charlie Haden and Bill Frisell among others.
    A giant in rock music. He had been ill for some time and died Sunday aged 80. Not a bad age for someone who smoked heavily all his life and spent a lot of it addicted to heroin!
  • Neil Innes. Here on 'lead guitar' with the Bonzos

• Neil Peart, 7 Jan 2020
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Today is the 37th anniversary of the death of Karen Carpenter.
    She was gifted the voice of an angel. She never took a singing lesson in her short life and just wanted to be a drummer. In 2019, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra teamed up with Karen’s brother Richard and performed Superstar, using Karen’s original vocal tapes. This is the result.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!