Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Can we include Senator Collins and any other female politicians who betray women and all Americans?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sure. Throw her in the Devil's Triangle and let her get boofed. What an absolute joke. The real FBI investigation should be focused on Jared Kushner, Justin Kennedy (yeah, the son of Anthony), and the one billion dollar loan they took out from Deutsche Bank for Trump himself. It's the fucking mob. Russian mob? Possibly.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Can't say I've noticed public executions raising the level of social harmony or empathy anywhere.
    But yeah, these Judiary Committee hearings have been utterly chilling; US politics is already overtaking the horrors of The Handmaid's Tale. We are eager to follow on, like a whipped cur follows its master, hoping not be be beaten too hard the next time.
  • It's the same old question isn't it. How do we fight evil? The Justice system is obviously corrupt. With rigged elections, rampant fraud, endless foreign war- the obvious evil criminal entity is the government itself! This isn't Capitalism, it's edging towards Communism.
    For God's sake, they're sterilizing and destroying the health of their own citizens and killing off pollinators with fake GMO food. What government forces their own people to eat Roundup Weedkiller and Bt Toxin without their consent or knowledge?!

So, the question stands..how do we fight evil? When the people rise- the government turns on the people. So many regimes have done this. I remember watching the documentary 'The White Helmets' in tears thinking, "how can it done? How can anyone peacefully stop this evil?"
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-10-06 07:25:49
    U R I E L
  • I don't know the answer to it, PG. But I'm quite sure it is capitalism!

When I worked with kids who were naughty (like stabbing people-type naughty) kids, the idea was always "Acknowledge the Feeling - Explain the Limit - Direct Towards the Alternative Behaviour". I only got hit a few times when using this approach.

So how would this work for the Rapist-in-Chief? Hmmm....

"Donald. I can see you are worried that people don't think you are important. That must be really hard for you. The rule in this society is no raping. Next time you feel that way, what you could do is....run for the Presidency" 

Er....maybe I'll have to think a bit longer.....
    Post edited by whispered at 2018-10-07 17:03:56
  • All revolution starts with oppressed people taking to the streets. Failure to do that just guarantees the cycle of corruption and oppression will continue. The story we heard over here about the unarmed black guy in his apartment being shot in the head by an armed police woman out of uniform who forced her way into his flat without due cause (if reported correctly, she lived in a neighbouring apartment and they had had issues previously over noise) was shocking. Also the more recent incident where a white guy shot and injured 5 police officers, killing one, but was brought down and arrested without being shot. It seems quite common for white shooters to be successfully handled this way where as, if you are black, with a cellphone in your own garden, they turn you into a colander!
    Remember that brave man who stood in front of the tank in Tiananman Square? That took tremendous courage and that is what is needed now. They will shoot black people down like dogs but if whites take to the streets, I think it would be unlikely that they would be shot as it would be politically unacceptable.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • How bout a revolution where everyone stops paying their taxes at the same time.
    U R I E L
  • You do know that we common folk don't actually stand in line and hand paper money over to a tax collector, right?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Interestingly, over here in the U.K., there is a growing movement of people who refuse to pay the TV license fee.
    If you own a TV, you have to pay this fee and it is supposed to fund the BBC as the national broadcaster. The commercial stations get none as they are funded by, well, commercials. In the last two years, the senior positions at the BBC have been taken over by Conservative party appointments, and the editorial content of the news has noticeably shifted much more right wing and Tory supporting, attacking other parties, stacking shows like question time with Tory representatives and right wing audiences and even to the point of suppressing news stories that show the Tories in a bad light; such as mass demonstrations against continuing cuts to the NHS, and promoting stories such as the ridiculous antisemitism line of stories the right wing media has been waging against Jeremy Corbyn. Because of this, many have decided to withhold paying the license fee, which is, technically, against the law, but it seems is virtually impossible to enforce if it is done by large numbers of people. People power works!
  • Floods! Here's the back garden of a house about half a mile away. Luckily, I'm half a mile up the hill
  • Feeling tired as so much going on at work. Relieved I got the all clear from recent MRI scan but still not got all clear from doctors.
    At least I will spending all weekend with my gf so looking forward to that
  • Watching the news. Looks like Paul Manafort has a ramrod shoved up his ass when he walks around. Must be Mueller's foot.
    U R I E L
  • On the 75th Anniversary of D-Day, you have to question what the patriarchy is all about. Like I've said before, War is simply about old men exploiting young men(and women) to do their own selfish bidding. They use the youth as pawns, nothing more.

All this talk of 'Honour' and 'Courage' and 'Being a Hero' is simply a rhetoric old men have used for ages to brainwash young men into fighting, killing and dying for them. And for what? The ego-driven lust for Power some old fucker has? Yes. Dying for the Patriarchy- that's the message. No matter how much it's dressed up(uniform-wise) it's simply a matter of brainwashing, then exploitation.

The lie comes to light when young service men and women return from war. They aren't honoured and awarded by society for killing a supposed enemy or defending a position. That only happens within the military itself. The military is a Patriarchal Death Clique.

How in the evolution of the male Human Animal Brain did 'love' get exchanged for 'death'? To 'die' for one's country?
    To 'love' something is to 'die' for it? It's just a sad comment on how old men will easily sacrifice the life of a younger man for their own personal gain.

U R I E L
  • I saw one thing yesterday that was quite touching. They arranged a meeting between a British Commando, who was 19 when he landed on the beach and a German soldier, who was 18. That sat down with them and introduced them to each other and they both said they believed that conflict would be the end of war, and shepard in a new era of peace and understanding. It did lead to the formation of the EU which, despite its many and obvious flaws, has presided over the longest period of peace between the Western European nations since the 17th Century at least.
    At the end, the German soldier, now 93 said, 'we are now friends,', to which the British Soldier, who has spent most of his life in the Salvation Army, said 'we are more than that; we are Brothers!'

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!