Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • The ability to laugh is powerful as well.
    Perhaps we do need to start that thread where we state the music we want at our final gig. Been promising it for a couple of years now. About to go into the studio for the evening but will do it tomorrow unless anyone beats me to it?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • We should call it 'The Gigs Up'!
  • Sending big hugs your way Whispered, keep in touch here and let us know how you get on. ((((((((Xxxxx)))))
  • Well, Ive learnt how to crochet and Ive been at it for a month now (hence my absence from the forum! Ive got a LIFE at last!!). On my second big(ish) project already and I'm seeing granny square inspiration in everything I see...time to join the W.I. i reckon.
  • I used to make plant hangers out of jute and wooden beads. I never learned how (as in macrame); I just started doing it. I'd sell them for 15 bucks back in the early 90s. I could probably make a killing on ETSY these days. LOL
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • If you’re making a killing, could you start with your President? He is seriously starting to hack me off. Not him directly; he’s a buffoon and that is clearly obvious, but just like over here, it is the way some people believe every word he says, even though they are clearly transparent lies that are batshit crazy. If anyone in the States think Canada and the UK are working against you, it’s time to go to the funny farm.
  • I can't even discuss it. I ranted for over a year, and it was driving me into a dark place. Now, I eat beets.
  • Me too. I was tying myself up in knots and pulling my hair out...but now I’ve found the Zen of crochet so the world is good, all is good, everything’s lovely. La la la.
  • Funny thing is, if you stalk Twitter like I do, letting rip at anything I find unjust ( and retweeting cute animals) the majority of Americans you interact with are exactly as you are. Same with Brexit. Far more people saying what a completely stupid idea it is than knuckle dragging mouth breathing Neo Nazi Neanderthals.
    Is this because the majority is anti Trump and anti Brexit or is it that the retards ar articulate enough to put their views across? I’ve found a few, but it becomes most are obviously racist morons after a few exchanges.
  • Many pro-Trump Twitter accounts are phony accounts/paid users. Many aren't. Reasonable folk tend to state their opinions (or facts) and move on, while idiots rant on and on about Hillary and Obama (that woman and the Black man).
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-06-11 16:52:01
  • Post edited by iuventus at 2018-06-12 12:26:59
  • Today I'm feeling pretty good. No current thoughts about the Apocalypse. Just watching Rachel Weisz and Rachel McAdams kiss has given me new life, tis true. Do I care that Rachel Weisz is spitting lychee flavoured lube into Rachel McAdams mouth and not using her real spit you ask? No. I don't care. Use any lube you like girls. Btw, the movie is called 'Disobedience' but I only watched the sex scene. 5 stars.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • iuv...well there you go! HRT And crochet in the same month...i’ll Be a new woman by Crimbo!! By the way, thanks for your email...I’m connecting to the other side (dark side) and have signed up to use Instagram so when I’ve figured it out I’ll get back to you! Funny how I can learn a craft skill fairly quickly but anything techno and I’m stumped and panicky.
    PG- glad to hear your boat’s still afloat!
  • @kat to be honest..the boat capsized, but I'm a good swimmer and I was close to an island. :D
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • After a few weeks of high dose steroids, I've just taken my first 'proper' chemotherapy med. Like the day the love of your life leaves you, it's one of those times when you look out of the window at the people walking past and think, "How can you lot carry on like everything is normal!?"

But of course, 'normal' is exactly what it is.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!