Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • No-one is commenting on the Fartbook fiasco are they? I remember when lava lamps were all the range in the 70s ...until they were found to leak toxins and everyone got rid. Just drawing an unlikely parallel.
  • I still have a larva lamp. I find them fascinating to watch but I am a child of the 70's (and the 60's).
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Don’t say Aunty Kat didn’t warn you !
  • May is obviously throwing her hand in with these air strikes in Syria as another distraction from the absolute fuck up her Government is making of everything else it touches. A weak PM siding with an orange demented tyrant, both trying to be seen to act tough. Sooner both go, the better.
    Interesting that there are comments that any British Government needs a mandate from Parliment prior to committing forces into an armed conflict. Technically, this would make May a war criminal!
  • Strikes me (no pun intended) that May is desperate to appease one of the two biggest European leaders too...
    Im against these strikes, cannot see what positive outcome there can be in the long run. Yes we do have to do something aboutSyria, but it's ridiculous that we have chosen to act now after all this time, just to be under Trump's wing. The best support we as a nation can give, IMO, is to support the refugees and show more compassion towards all refugees of ALL nations who have fled war-ripped countries. It makes me nauseous that this is, as you say UT, about British party politics rather than about supporting the larger humanitarian cause.
  • April 13th - May -"Brexit is all about taking back control"

April 14th - May - "Who cares about Parliament? The President is cross"
  • Broken clocks, etc
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • The Tories are shitting themselves that Corbyn is getting too close, hence the frankly laughable attempts to smear him over the last month. I read the the Conservative party membership is in sharp decline with only 100,000 members while the Labour Party is booming at about 750,000. The Tories are getting a pasting on social media and have had to resort to paying Trolls to come onto Twitter and other platforms to try and combat the legions calling them out on their lamentable policies.
    Now, I am not an habitual Labour voter (sorry kids) but at the moment, May's Government is corrupt and inept and everything they touch has a degree of sleaze to it. They have fucked up the NHS, Care in the Community, Schools, the Police, the Fire Service and many others. We have 20% VAT, one of the measures introduced in 2010 to combat the huge deficit and, since then, the deficit has actually gone up, not down, despite a staunch on funding into the organisations I mentioned earlier. Where is all the money going?
    When you tackle Tories mouthing off on social media about it, they rapidly say it's because of the mess the country was in when they got in in 2010 and blame Tony Blair, who was last in power in 2008. If they cannot fix the country in 8 years, and still need more time, then perhaps it's time they let someone else have a go as they could hardly fuck it up any more. May is weak and keeps these shambling ghouls like Johnson, Gove and Rees Mogg in her cabinet to buy them off from launching a leadership challenge. The old 'rather have them inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in' scenario.
    Never thought I would say this but Jeremy Corbyn is the only one who talks any sense at the moment.
  • Yay Whispered! It’s safe to come back so please do!!!

• I am of course referring to the forum... if you’ve emigrated to Denmark then nah, I’d stay there too if I were you x
  • So UT finally admits that he bats for both sides!
  • Told you before, if you want shout out to people, you have to use @Whispered and hope they have email notifications on.
    As for politics, my Dad always said that anyone who wanted to be a politician should be barred from being one so, in this field, I am asexual!
  • KatRobin said:

Yay Whispered! It’s safe to come back so please do!!!

Hey Kat, thanks x
  • We seem to have had a Happening Whispered. We know not why, we know not how but we have.
    Nice to know you were there stalking in the long grass!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!