Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • For the next 3 days, my local is Prague in the Czech Republic. We came last year for one night for the Frapp gig, found a lovely hotel, the Maximillian, and decided to come back for a long weekend. Was also here 19 years ago so this is our third time. We went back to the Mohito bar where we had beer and pizza after the gig last time. We had @LittleBird and @HellsBells and @Giancarlo with us that night, and several others.
    Giancarlo paid that night. Scamp! Still owe you one Giancarlo. I have not forgotten!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Have a blast, @Urban_Tribesman!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Surprisingly, Prague has at least 10 decent vinyl record shops. Been out on a walk about around the city today and visited 4 of them. Only found Frapp in one of them, a copy of Silver Eye. We did pick up 2 Beatles albums, 2 Kraftwerk and a copy of Oxygène by Jean Michael Jarre. All classics.
    My feet know I've been though. Been walking around for over 7 hours!
  • Jealous again UT....Id love to go to Prague. Will you be following Alison to Berlin then? I bet that would be fascinating and Id give a small limb to go, but Ive got an art exhibition to mount next weekend !
  • A hairy toe.
  • And what kind of artistic exhibition is this? Can we have a preview?
  • I think if someone offered me a free holiday to anywhere, I'd probably go to Cyprus or Australia. I definitely have to go to Oz before I die.
  • You e already seen a couple of my works. Once I’ve got my price list and publicity papers together I’ll let you see more. It all goes up next Saturday and I had planned to get busy on that this weekend but have had no bloody time as usual. I’m working all next week ( bar Friday) so I’m a bit stressed.
  • Is there a private view to this exhibition? We would come if not abroad.
  • Aw, I know you would UT and I’d be deeply honoured, but no I’m not planning that. To be honest the gallery ( which is a room leased out in a stately home) has been struggling a bit to keep on top of things after the sudden and sad death of its coordinator ( who was only a young chap
  • Why has that just erased half my post?
  • ......and I don’t want to hassle them anymore. It’s not like I’ve got a string of critics queuing up who I need to schmooze with canapés lol. I’m sure you’ll see far more interesting things in Sri Lanka than in the depths of the Fens and in my pictures, you lucky things. I still haven’t got my own blogspot set up or web page, but I could post some more pics on here at Easter.
  • Kat you need to get yourself on Instagram hunny...that's the place where it's all happening. You could even beat the Kardashians lol
  • This forum seems to like chopping your messages up...into bitsize chunks :))
  • Mrs T has an Instagram for those who are interested. lisarippon_art
    It's mainly used for art stuff, but as I do not have my own IG account, I put suitable stuff on there as well.
    We both have Twitter accounts (as does Iuv but he's quiet on there, Giancarlo, Little Bird, Keith GMB, Anouk, David Baxter, Hells Bells, Caro Maple and a few others) and she has a FB but I never did and good job too!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!