Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • LuDux said:

What exactly happened in 1983?

Blue Monday, it's arguable that that wasn't even original electronic music, but it's still a classic that hasn't been rivaled very often I would say
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • thathurt said:

Um Mirror have you tried the Half man half biscuit fan board? Or maybe Morrisey?

I think Tanita Tikarams a bit below the belt.

are you Terry Hall?

I realise I am probably in the minority here, but I love Morrissey. The Forum Morrissey Solo is a funny old place  described by the singer as a 'hateful online creche' hmmmm
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:50:37
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Busy day
    across the pond, both in this thread as in the other (“Farewell, Goldfrapp”).

Even if requested, Mirror shall not comment on that particular discussion, as
    it does not know the details.

A lot has
    been said today, almost even too much for the Mirror to assimilate.

Either way, Mirror noticed one particular point which occurred in both
    Border_Mind, Dreeke’s and Sartori’s posts:

the wonderfulness that is Ms. Goldfrapp’s unique voice.

A few
    reflections: of course Mirror did marvel at Lovely
    Head
    and Utopia, but the question
    is, can she actually still reach the high notes, and does she still experiment
    with her voice? Or is she merely content being the sultry siren? Surely the
    continuous chain smoking and the cosmetic teeth surgery must have their impact
    on the vocals? Doesn’t appear that the singer takes her vocal abilities that
    seriously at all.

Mirror seems to recall the singer herself commenting on the range of her voice
    dropping a lot lower?

As an input
    to discussion what do you make of this commercial?

Are her voice and sounds really that unique? It sounds pretty easy to imitate,
    and one has to admit, it’s not even such a bad imitation…

Post edited by Mirror at 2013-06-28 18:19:00
  • Seems to me, Mirror, that you get some sort of pleasure in debating and finding flaws in anything you can. You say you appreciate or marvel at something, yet you waste no time in launching back into criticism mode.

Seriously, there's having a different opinion to everyone else and wanting to get a good discussion going, and then there's just being negative for the sake of it.

• @Low

Why would you think Mirror is being deliberately negative, and therefore immediately go into defensive mode?
    Most of the time its posts consist of questions, not opinions.
    Maybe because what Mirror asks might be possibly true, or is grounded in a viable reality?
    Mirror atleast tries to base their questions on source material (see clip).
  • Mirror said:

@Low

Why would you think Mirror is being deliberately negative, and therefore immediately go into defensive mode?
    Most of the time its posts consist of questions, not opinions.
    Maybe because what Mirror asks might be possibly true, or is grounded in a viable reality?
    Mirror atleast tries to base their questions on source material (see clip).

Probably because I don't see why anyone who would really consider themselves a fan of an artist would take time to sign up to their message board and post consistently critical posts. Why Goldfrapp? Why here? And why the 3rd person? That's the biggest question.
    Questions they may be, but they're questions that are posted to evoke some sort of negative reaction from users on here. Why? Most of us are fans, happy fans at that. Why try to change that?
    And I'm not being defensive. Just a bit fed up seeing that this is still going on after a good few days. I don't really think if's healthy to spend this long thinking you're a mirror and "reflecting" on all the duo's faults or negative qualities. If you're bored, get a hobby or something.
    Post edited by Low at 2013-06-28 19:00:34

• Mirror said:

Busy day

Etc

I feel sad for Alison is she reads these kind of posts lay off you made your point.

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:51:00
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Mirror said:

Busy day

Even if requested, Mirror shall not comment on that particular discussion, as
    it does not know the details.

... can she actually still reach the high notes, and does she still experiment
    with her voice? Or is she merely content being the sultry siren? Surely the
    continuous chain smoking and the cosmetic teeth surgery must have their impact
    on the vocals? Doesn’t appear that the singer takes her vocal abilities that
    seriously at all.

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• folklore said:

Ming Ho the Third.

Post edited by LuDux at 2013-06-28 19:52:49
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • congratulations Mirror. In terms of making an entrance it was a good one. I think we all know you are here now.

Time to drop the mirage?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • photo goldfrappworldpeace_zps7e5a8ecd.jpg
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-29 01:27:26
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Mirror...what am I wearing right now? ( I mean besides the bedazzled thong)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-06-29 03:35:54
    U R I E L
  • ^ do you have photos of that?
  • ping said:

^ do you have photos of that?

Ponygurl may have photos. Future historians may look upon said photos and question.."what the hell was she thinking?" Ponygurl does not want to disclose such photos...as the bedazzlement may reflect God...or something like "God, put that thing away"...it is hard to tell in this lighting. Ponygurl must retire to bed now, for too much reflection has made her weary. Goodnight mirror...nightgood rorrim (?)
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!