Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

I'm drawn to this thread as if it were a fatal road accident.

haha that made me laugh . I would have said LOL but I'd explode with irony  
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Again! Can't stop looking. I think I'm getting a crick in my neck.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It's like a scab you can't help picking at. Leave it alone and it will fade away.
  • Mirror said:

@Minsku

Nothing wrong with being happy - even Mirror smiles from time to time.

But it does get a bit weird: mindlessly adding smilies to everything, wetting ones underpants over something that is two seconds long, the dreadful "OMG" as Sartori said..

And as for group hugs...well, bad enough in real life, but virtual ones!?

Mirror just adds some perspective to the happy-happy atmosphere on here: not everyone is jumping up and down just because Goldfrapp have made a new album.
    Scepticism is not too misplaced.

There were group hugs? Damn, I completely missed out on that. :(

Seriously though, don't you think you're being a bit disrespectful? Basically what you are implying is that people who are positively looking forward to the new album are bunch of brainless idiots, unable to even form their own opinions. That must also be why you feel such a big need to bring us some of your personal perspective, no?

Well, dear Mirror, let me tell you something. I'm most certainly not jumping up and down only because Goldfrapp happens to be releasing a new album soon. The real reason I'm excited is because, believe it or not, I actually really liked the Tales of Us trailer and all the little snippets we have been able to hear so far. And to be honest, I haven't been this enthusiastic about anything Goldfrapp related in a very, very long time!

So, all of that being said, would it really be too much to ask for that you could just allow me to enjoy this feeling as long as it lasts and let me be all happy Frappy? After all, I'm more than capable of making my own decisions, so please don't try to shove your scepticism and negativity down my throat.

Thanks! I knew you would understand! :)
  • I'm getting more and more convinced that quite a few people use internet only to try to convince themselves that they are superior (ignore all lyrics except first half of chorus)

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• LuDux said:

I'm getting more and more convinced that quite a few people use internet only to try to convince themselves that they are superior (ignore all lyrics except first half of chorus)

Good One

Peace Man!

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:46:53
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 05:07:02
  • what a waste of time and energy this thread was hence why all my contributions are disappearing sad when I have to be a self appointed Stalinist like this
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:48:56
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • yes Lisa, but its the manner in which its done that gets peoples backs up. talking in the third person and dripping with pretension just isn't very engaging.

I can remember reading some very similar conversations between yourself and another board member years ago, and its just getting tired now.

@mirror you're clearly intelligent, I know you're an artist. I invite you to let us judge your creative output
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I've yet to check out Grimes, sorry, I hear a lot of people raving about her and so on, and I will check her out, but really is it fair to say Goldfapp is not as groundbreaking???
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:49:07
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Mirror said:

How can the singer or the band even grow as artists when everything they do is met with unfounded enthusiasm?

I'm sorry, but were you present at any point during the Head First era?

• Lisa said:

nose flutes and the lot

Bring it on! :D

(sorry, not a long post for a change but had to be said!)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• I've yet to check out Grimes, sorry, I hear a lot of people raving about her and so on, and I will check her out, but really is it fair to say Goldfapp is not as groundbreaking??? There's quite a huge age gap between the two artists. Alison was in her 30's when Felt Mountain was released, she's in her 40's now. The age Alison was when Felt Mountain was released is all too often passed off with ageist comments. I give Goldfrapp their credit for that, it's quite inspiring really, I kind of hate this attitude that music is a young persons domain and only that,  you know there is this attitude that unless you are under the age of 27 you have no right to be making music, that really sucks, hmm oh well.

I have listened to the `pop artiste` known as "Grimes" , everything I heard has been done before and better . But music can be liked and driven by "je ne sais quoi" , just not Grimes for me , I found her voice too childish . Vive le difference .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 05:40:20
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I have listened to the `pop artiste` known as "Grimes" , everything I heard has been done before and better . But music can be liked and driven by "je ne sais quoi" , just not Grimes for me , I found her voice too childish . Vive le difference .

Yeah, fair enough Sartori. I did actually watch something on youtube a while ago, and thought it was OK,
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:49:27
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • *sung to the tune of take your mama out all night*

Gonna Do it
    Take our mirror out all night (to listen to Goldfrapp)
    so we'll have no doubt we're doing all the best we can

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!