Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 113 Comments sorted by
  • These forecasters crack me up.  One, called Accuweather, forecasts to the tenth of an inch.  I mean, really, who  are they trying to fool?!!?  And, then, they put the actual, which is of course, always different that the highly accuratized (sorry, just made that word up before Accuweather decided to trademark it) forecast, down to the tenth of an inch.  This is not a forecast for a set of coordinates but for a town.  So, the whole town got exactly the same amount of snow.  I can just picture them out there with a ruler running around town, "five point one inches here!  How about you?"

Of course, they were far more accurate than my favourite weather website that would have had us buried under a couple of feet of snow.   These guys, I figure, must have gotten sued (I mean, this is America) over having under forecast some storm in the recent past.  For the longest time, all they would put for forecasted accumulation was "* inches".
  • If any bloke tells you how many inches you’re going to get he should be slapped with a ruler.
  • I think all weather reporters should be slapped but I'd be arrested for crimes against weather people. Lol.
  • KatRobin said:

If any bloke tells you how many inches you’re going to get he should be slapped with a ruler.

12 inches?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Gosh, but I think one of the most beautiful scenes of nature is those days like today where the snow has stuck to the trees.  In one direction it is just about pure white and slowly fades to more grey as you turn.  Just stunning.  Another one that was really cool that I used to see was this pool of water near the ocean that would be steaming, like it's own tiny fog, and everything around it was white.

• KatRobin said:

If any bloke tells you how many inches you’re going to get he should be slapped with a ruler.

You can always subtract about 1/3 from the braggadocio.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Should have known.  Mother Nature was just jerking my chain with that nice weather.  Nice while it lasted, but...
  • Well she only gone and pulled that chain for a second time. The Beast From The East returned.

That Putin must have really done a big fart the other day. I think he was attempting to blow out the candles on a cake.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!