Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 113 Comments sorted by
  • How about some photos of all this luscious snow you're getting over there?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • We've had 6 to 8 inches in N E Essex over the last two days (Oh, Matron). It has been sunny though and the snow is not our usual type but much more soft and powdery like Europe has at higher altitude ski resorts. I also like the sound deadening qualities WW. Dog walks have been quite delightful. Dakota, the boisterous Lab/Retriever likes playing snowploughs and runs alone with his nose in the snow pushing it aside. If you click on my Twitter account, I posted some photos there yesterday.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It’s very pretty but treacherous here in Lincolnshire, yes. You may have heard that the police have got the army in to help transport people to hospitals. The casualty statistics on the roads here are awful at the best of times, so no surprise it’s made headline news this week. Catherine and I had no-school snow days today which lead to a lot of hopping and hugging in the hallway at half seven this am! Looks like we’ll be off tomorrow too ( no pay but never mind...).
    The dogs aren’t too impressed. They’re getting too old to enjoy it now.
    The wind is a pain- I really wanted a nice walk in the snow today but after five mins it was too much to bear.
  • If I can brave it tomorrow I’ll head out and take some photos; it’d be nice to see other people’s too.
    Just heard thereve been 120 accidents in this county today.
  • Lucky you (two!)..we've had strong flurries going from moderate snow showers to turning into dust. But when storm Emma decides to rear her head we will get hit pretty badly around Thursday or Friday time.
  • I can see the A17 in the distance from my window and traffic has been at a standstill for an hour already. Oh dear.. :(
  • I just want a heatwave to come or some nice warmth at the least (let's all do a collective mexican wave) 8-X
  • Traffic is at a standstill on the A17 still this am and I hear the road is closed so I hope to god those poor folk haven’t been trapped in their cars all night.
  • It's funny to me because when I say the weather has turned nice here, for most people, in most parts of the world, this is probably what is considered the dead of winter.  By any measure up here, that groundhog was wrong.

• The dog walks have been nice last few days, if a bit cold send windy!

• imageDakota has been loving it. Today, we had strong winds overnight and this morning, and they had blown the snow on the fields into some wonderful shapes, sculpted into very aerodynamic berms of snow, some 4 feet deep. He was pouncing on the top of them and sinking in. At one point, he was black as a witches hat one side and white the other!
    This pic is all wind sculpting, no humans involved.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-03-01 12:05:35
  • I ventured out for a walk on my own this afternoon and it would have been bearable if not for the wind. Blowing straight across open fields and freezing my eyeballs up, I had to turn back. I feel so sorry for all the birds and animals- each morning we find little trails of hare prints all over the drive, and I’m doing my best to feed the birds but as soon as I put food down it’s covered in snow again.
  • Little scamp! The other picture is on the same field last week when he spotted a new toy!
    He's up for stud. I'm his pimp!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-03-01 12:11:43
  • Just a hunk a hunk of burning Lab love. Who can resist that face!

• Our school has been declared closed tomorrow. All I saw out of the windows where tumultuous winds whirling around like I was somewhere out in Russia. I got a lift back from work and it took over an hour to get home in the car. All the roads are going at 20mph.

I can even see the streetlamp rattling from side to side out of the window! No pretty photos to take around my area as I don't live in the countryside and nobody wants to look at a cul de sac!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!