Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Fan Mail Address
  • 63 Comments sorted by
  • Celebrity is a problem depending on your attitude. I had a friend who was a huge Gary Numan fan. He found out where Gary lived when he was in the UK and he and a friend stalked the house ( done this myself with Toyah). They were of the impression that Gary was 'at home' so plucked up the courage to knock on the door.
    Now, celebs at this point go one of two ways. Either they refuse to answer the door, or call the Police and initiate contact with an estate agent or they go the way Gary did. He answered, they said they were big fans and he invited them in and made them a cup of tea and signed some autographs and thanked them for their support ( in effect, he thanked them for keeping 'Gary Numan Inc' in business).
    Two ways. I think we know which way Alison would jump but happy to hear of stories to the contrary.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • BTW, John Bonham was a really nice guy too, as is Jimmy Page. As is Mari Wilson and Myra Carlyle.
    Toyah is nice as well but not sure how she would react to you if you knocked on her door ( but I do know where that is). Angie is nice as well but not sure how storming Pollock towers would go down.
  • Wow ok... I didn't realise you actually did that? Why did you allow that to happen? I'm actually surprised that Goldfrapp have posted a fan mail address. I don't think I would have done that personally. 
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-20 18:33:56
  • Why on Earth not!?
    I find all this conversation in this thread a bit ...how can I put it...odd. I don’t understand the need to dissect A’s personality. It doesn’t happen to Will does it? How many of us aren’t a mixed bag of moods and mistakes! She cares about animals, is politically of the same mind as me, and most of all, has written my favourite music. I don’t see any need for any other comment personally.
  • It's really quite simple. Everyone wants to fuck her, and she keeps telling them no. Classic reaction to rejection.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I’m ashamed to say I’m tittering at that.
  • Well I hope you have a bra on at least.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ok let's get a few things straight around here shall we. It's not only me that has noticed questionable things regarding how she comes across on social media. 

It'S the same when she wore a Cancel Brexit t-shirt. Well it didn't go down well with a few people who thought she was being outspoken about her political views. I admire her as an artist and that is all.

Ponygurl has also said the same as what I said.

Oh and actually I think you need to be more worried about UT who thought it was a good idea to stalk where Toyah lives?
    Really?
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-21 13:50:28
  • And actually Iuv I think you might want to check in again on your so called claim?? We don't all have the same mindset thanks very much. I simply dont have the time for people who wanna act bitchy for no reason.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-21 14:11:43
  • *checking data...*

Sex. Fuck. Hot. Damn. Titties. Ass.

Yup: REJECTED!
  • Get a grip. I'm entitled to an opinion. You know what that is? Every is allowed to have one.
  • When you're in someone else's home, it's polite to keep your negative opinions about them to yourself.
  • @iuv Dam. Someone sure likes to put the Queen in Drama Queen.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Hot damn, we're off!
    I can keep my like for Alison separate to any views I may have where they are different to hers. I once saw Rolf Harris in concert as a child. The fact he is now an alledged peado has no effect on me and unlike many others, it has not 'ruined my life' or robbed me of my innocence as everything is not all about me.
    As for stalking Toyah, it was her birthday and we clamboured over her back garden fence and left a birthday cake in her shed. We were young, we were new wave. She used to live in a warehouse in Battersea and sleep in a coffin!
    I've always had the ability to get close to celebrities. Most of them are a bit vain and do what they do as they want affirmation so you just give it to them. It is not made up, it is genuine as I only follow people who I actually like.
    Alison doesn't seem to give a shit about that stuff so good on her. Just keep the music coming!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!