Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lifehacks- for home, health, personal care.
  • 95 Comments sorted by
  • Not mention the flu word. I've got a scratchy throat coming on. There's a load of people off sick at the moment and I don't fancy getting the lurgy again.

Kat you forgot the buttered spiders. Every pagan lady knows that!!
  • KatRobin said:

Aye, but I gotta use what’s in my cupboard!

Have you no shops in Croyland?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The chances of me avoiding the lurgy this weekend are pretty slim, I’ve been surrounded by loads of poorly people recently. It’s everywhere isn’t it?
  • Ok if I used used everything in .y cupboard the following would occur

50 teaspoons of nutella hazelnut spread
    14 pickled onions
    19 teaspoons of ovaltine
    3 giant blobs of tomato ketchup
    Half a jar of garlic powder
    2 oxo beef cubes
    1 packet of quavers

Stir until it looks like vomit.

Proceed to vomit. And repeat.
  • I know it's quite a bad strain. I normally get the flu jab.
  • If you love pickled onions the way I do Serenity, you wouldn’t have any in your cupboard.
  • Haha is that because your sticking them all over a cardboard cut out of Josh Holloway?

Eating a pickled onion is better than being kissed by a bloke!! So much more satisfying!! :))
  • So how do you like your pickled onion Kat?
  • Eye of Newt and Wing of Bat it is then :)
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Nah sod that- just have a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea instead!! Well thats what im having for breakfast. Kerching!
  • So you are not a veggie or vegan Serenity? I have no problem with anyone that is but nice to know I could share a bacon butty with you.
    We have shared interests !
  • What made you think I was a vegan??

Yes I eat meat. Each to their own but by eating meats you get all of your valued nutrients. If i didn't eat meat I'd end up being anaemic. My favourite meat is lamb. Now that i think about it i shouldnt be saying that.

I also like fish.
  • I fully appreciate why people and veggies or vegans. It is a life choice and good on them.
    According to what I have read, what prompted the evolution from primate to homo sapient was the change when apes began to eat meat in their diet ( I.e. from herbivore to omnivore ) which promoted their brain size to enlarge due to the increased protein in their diet.
    I love animals but I also like meat and I am able to separate the two (animal and meat) in my thoughts.
    i don't judge. Each to his own.
  • So @Katrobin are you still doing your meditation exercises with your dogs? The way you described it sounds totally bonkers but then again why settle for convention.

Oh- and have you received any more strange warnings on here?
  • I hear that people have been panic buying at local corner shops swiping every single loaf of bread off the shelves, buying 10 tins of baked beans and loads of instant mash.

Anyone else having a food related meltdown and surviving on crispy pancakes?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!