Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lifehacks- for home, health, personal care.
  • 95 Comments sorted by
  • KatRobin said:

No love, I’m just showing my age. Go to You Tube and search for Les Dawson / Roy Barraclough sketches and all will become clear.

Nope... Ich bin keiner weiner. Still none the wiser.
    Viewing a few sketches that look like they are out of 'Are you being served'.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-10 12:57:48
  • Ahhh, someone else that lets loose on occasion.  I've encountered that throttle, also, Kat.  It's not personal, just a trigger that's set for posting too often.

I just love that saying about feeling paranoid does't mean someone's not out to get you.  But, really, in this case, they're not.
  • Shh

There are little silver goblin spy's on here around and about. You can hear them. =:)
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-01-10 16:09:59
  • Things are getting stranger...
  • So @Kat I watched a few Dawson/Barraclough videos on YouTube but you've left me hanging on what they mean, or what you meant by them.

I hope you've received no more spam alerts. It's a wonder I've avoided the spam radar!
  • Beef curtains. God we need a slang thread.
    I found this amusing photo. I thought the vase would normally be at the top?

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • And why would that be UT? Really? I want a critical analysis. :))
  • No point asking me where the magic vase should be. I'm a man!
    (Actually done lots of clinical study as to where the vase is located. It is definatley at the top in the middle, just behind that swag)!
  • You see Mr Tribesman- if a fella turned round to me and said I like your swag i'd be thinking he was complimenting my dancing. Awkward...

• Well, pleased to report that Mrs Tribesman has passed another of the tests in her journey to graduation from Mrs Tribesman Junior to, well, just Mrs Tribesman. When my Mum was alive, we used to refer to Mum as Mrs Tribesman Senior and the other half as Mrs Tribesman Junior. Since Mum departed this mortal coil, a range of household skills have had to move on and the latest of those is making pickled onions. The latest batch were perfect and just a likea Momma used to make so well done the newly crowned, imperious and inviolable Mrs Tribesman!
    Next is Christmas puddings!
  • Can I just say that I LOVE pickled onions and shallots so I'm just putting that statement out there as a big hint as to what you can get me next Christmas!!

I'm an easy gal.
  • Well, Catherine is down with flu and I’m feeling a likkle bit iffy, but I’ve cranked up the cauldron today and trying to self medicate. I’ve mixed a whole tub of black pepper, a large amount of turmeric and ginger powder and am taking spoonfuls of that ( teaspoons) in a teaspoon of honey, rapidly gulped down and swilled with coffee. If I stay well I’m marketing it. You heard it here first! :-&
  • Long pepper (Piper longum) is far more palatable than regular black pepper (Piper nigrum).
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Aye, but I gotta use what’s in my cupboard!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!