Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • Ahhh, while I agree that elegancy and delicacy are rare, they are not gone.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-16 20:24:09
  • "Orinoco Flow" was played to death in the 80s. This was a refreshing return to form.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • My very, very favorite.  Just about knocks me off of my feet every time...

• Slippage said:

She's like the last surviving living remnant of a bygone era of elegance and delicacy. Really quite beautiful and it just commands respect to be honest. To be able to remain calm, composed, graceful, and fuelled by solace is quite an extraordinary thing. God, what I'd give to have a cup of tea with her and just talk about things.

While I'd love the same opportunity, I can't help but wonder if that's truly the person she is. Her public persona seems finely crafted, or at least something seen through a filter (at least according to what I've heard/read over the years)

I don't think she's a diva, but she might wear a t-shirt to bed instead of a flowing gown.
  • Since this thread appeared I've been rediscovering Enya and a bit of Clannad. Got to be in the right mood, but yeah.. Pleasant.
  • Loool- I think it's time for another Enya shindig.

Everybody now- "Sail away!", "Sail away!" "Sail away!"

As for where Enya is hiding, she lives in a castle apparently next door to Sting! Alright for some.

I find her music to be very soothing and just different from the usual chart garbage.
  • Slippage said:

She's like the last surviving living remnant of a bygone era of elegance and delicacy. Really quite beautiful and it just commands respect to be honest. To be able to remain calm, composed, graceful, and fuelled by solace is quite an extraordinary thing. God, what I'd give to have a cup of tea with her and just talk about things.

While I'd love the same opportunity, I can't help but wonder if that's truly the person she is. Her public persona seems finely crafted, or at least something seen through a filter (at least according to what I've heard/read over the years)

I don't think she's a diva, but she might wear a t-shirt to bed instead of a flowing gown.

I literally split my sides just then! I can't think of anything more ghastly than wearing a t-shirt to bed!!

• I massively urge you if you haven't to listen to Echoes in Rain and The Humming from her last album Dark Sky Line. Beautiful profound lyrics!

My 2 new favourite songs now. :)
  • A new discovery I have just made: A song called "My My How Time Flies" by Enya. Featuring an electric guitar!! She needs to do rock and roll now.
  • Hahaha!  Enya doing rock and roll.  It doesn't seem likely.  It would be interesting, though.
  • Oh great. Now I'm getting visuals of her in lounging in bed wearing a dirty t-shirt with half a dozen empty beer cans and two empty pizza boxes while watching the darts, with her glancing out the window to ensure she isn't getting caught. 

And I can't stop laughing.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-07-14 14:40:04
  • I read somewhere that she is a secret fan of Strictly Come Dancing so I guess she is a rebel at heart. I can't visualise Enya drinking beer but who knows?
  • I picked up a couple of Enya CDs in, of all places, the village church yesterday. We re not church goers but we do frequent the coffee mornings and gardening club! So a day of Enya ahead..
  • As Enya's name has been mentioned in recent days, I wonder what the Queen of Ireland is currently up too?

Haven't seen or heard a peep out of her for a long time.

• With any luck she’s involved in the Brexit talks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!