Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • No one mind me crawling about. I don't need any sympathy.... ;)
  • There have been times when I have been crawling around on the floor and definitely didn't need sympathy ... I can remember one time when ... well, never mind.  kinishi nai de, in Japanese.
  • I think they're having a dig at us Whispered. Charmin in it?!
  • KatRobin said:

I think they're having a dig at us Whispered. Charmin in it?!

Rise above it, Kat. Metaphorically speaking, that is.
  • KatRobin said:

I spent five hours in A and E yesterday as something popped and went wonky in my neck / shoulder again and I was in a helluva lot of pain. It's ridiculous that I had to go there just to be told that I needed my own GP to refer me back to the spine consultant whose office I had earlier phoned and they had directed me on! What a merry go round. Back on the drugs...man :((

Sometimes I think you may overdo it Kat. You must give your body time to repair, and any spinal injury takes serious time..like up to a year or more. Rest Kat. Light some candles, take a hot bath..let your head and neck become weightless in the water. Bloodflow is so important for healing, and heat can do that for you. Get back to eating cherries or drinking juice to reduce inflammation..the source of pain. Take bromelin capsules too if you can. You prob already know this, but baby yourself..put yourself first.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I'm in the process of moving house and starting a new job. It's like we live different lives within our own life. Life is like a Russian nesting doll, all these different smaller selves inside. I've already figured out life doesn't give you what you want, but gives you what you need. So off on a new journey I suppose. I like the familiar and routine, so I'm having massive anxiety. I always want to be sure I'm making the right decision, taking the right direction..but who can ever be sure of anything? I just want my end- goal to be a peaceful existence. I guess if I make peace the focus, I just may achieve it.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

I'm in the process of moving house and starting a new job. It's like we live different lives within our own life. Life is like a Russian nesting doll, all these different smaller selves inside. I've already figured out life doesn't give you what you want, but gives you what you need. So off on a new journey I suppose. I like the familiar and routine, so I'm having massive anxiety. I always want to be sure I'm making the right decision, taking the right direction..but who can ever be sure of anything? I just want my end- goal to be a peaceful existence. I guess if I make peace the focus, I just may achieve it.

Nothing stays the same, hey? I'm sure you will achieve it too, you are so kind and thoughtful about the world; it'll come back to you x
  • I wonder about that a lot, PG.  I swear that it seems I always did best in life when I just let it flow and don't try to force the situation in any particular direction.  But, then again, I'm a mystic from way back.
  • Take your life as It is. I was always unsure and rethinking things so many times... Sometimes I had real lows an obnoxious thoughts. Then I've stopped shitting around and simply went with the flow on day to day basis. And it's much better now. It isn't always great but my head is much clearer and I'm simply enjoying every little thing. And there's always another day tomorrow.
  • Thanks Ponygurl for your sweet comments. Not having a good week, I completely screwed up a job interview yesterday and not good news from the doc today. X rays show problem now with my shoulder, possibly another bone spur, and nerve impingement. Got another MRI coming up and had a cortisone jab this am. It's looking likely that more surgery will be on the cards which would be a disaster when I need work. Oh woe is me!!!
    Seriously, I have to slow right down ( still walking lots) and I'm spending much time counting all my other considerable blessings.
  • Like you, all these recent changes are causing me anxiety too, but I wish you all the best with your house move PG. All things change for a reason, so here's to a better future %%- Make sure you stay on the forum, a stable second home!
  • Kat- I can totally relate to the merry go round that is the grand old NHS. I currently have laryngitis and went to see the doctor at my practice who just fobbed me off and said "it will go on it's own.". Nearly 2 weeks later I was no better sounding like a car tyre that is deflating. I decided to hike it up to urgent care and have now been put on antibiotics.

I'm also looking for a school job too. But i have got an interview on Monday so I'm hoping my voice will be back!!

Sorry to hear about your job interview- what was it for?
  • Ponygurl- what line of work are you going into? I think most of us on here are going through a new phase whether it's career change, personal changes.
  • Sorry to hear about your laryngitis.  Let us know if it improves.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!