Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I opened the Quran only once in a Berlin Airport bookstore out of curiosity.  The page it fell open to was quite disturbing.  I had no desire to read any further.  It was enough to convince me that something was deeply wrong with it.  In some ways, it reminded me of the old testament.  It seemed violent and crude in the extreme.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-10 09:46:53
  • ...and alas, now we all know how the dreaded Patriarchy works. Lies. Brainwashing through a concept of "religion" is the only way these old, fucked-in-the-brain men can use the youth to do their bidding! ...and really that is the true evil.

* I say *Patriarchy only because men have learned to use lies to control people throughout History. It's a big part of why Militaries are so successful- they have taught murder is honorable and you become a hero for the act of killing. Simply lies, to keep these old fucking men in control.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-06-10 14:26:14
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • In the Cult of Cthulhu, everyone's equally fucked.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • If I had posted here yesterday, I would have moaned about my health, but my daughter has just called to tell me that she's got a First in her degree. So I am instead in a state of hysterical joyfulness.
  • That's great news Whispered, well done Her =D> what subject was her degree in?

I'm feeling, well, a bit like I'm in the throes of my mid-life crisis and desperately seeking thrills lol. I'm looking into doing a Wing Walk to raise money for the charity that supports sufferers of Parkinsons. There's no way I could get the level of donations proposed by September this year, but I could do it next year. I would also have to go back to my spine consultant and get his permission. It's not a flash in the pan though, it's something I've always wanted to do despite being petrified of heights! I wonder if any kind Frappers would sponsor me to do this next year...( just testing the water before I commit to it!).
    Luckily I have the perfect pair of brown trousers!

• KatRobin said:

That's great news Whispered, well done Her =D> what subject was her degree in?

I'm feeling, well, a bit like I'm in the throes of my mid-life crisis and desperately seeking thrills lol. I wonder if any kind Frappers would sponsor me to do this next year...

Thank you, Kat, it was in Biology. A Wing Walk sounds entirely insane, but I would bung you a fiver for a good cause - it would be more if had any money :P
  • I too could cough up a few guineas.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Swallowing fowl whole again?!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @kat Can you thrill seek in another way? That's just too dangerous, if you're actually talking stunt planes. One of my first jobs was a wing walker, but I think it meant something different to what you're saying. I used to bring the planes in and take them out to the runway on the Tarmac. I was the person with the orange lit wands directing airplanes and we called ourselves wing walkers.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Did you? Blimey, you have lead / are living an interesting life PG. I mean being clamped on to the top of a biplane and whizzing through the air at 135 mph for 15 mins above a Lincolnshire airfield. of course it's dangerous, anything and everything is. Strange thing is, I would never go on a shit scary roller coaster like The Big One at Blackpool, I have totally illogical thinking. Like I said, I would need the all clear from my consultant as the G Force might not be great for my fragile neck, but I do intend to investigate and appreciate the bungs mentioned above!
  • My left ankle, which broke well before the Brooklyn GF gigs, has been acting up again, and now I'm having suspiciously similar pain in my right, which I've been favoring to help the left heal, of course.

Despite that, I'm still gonna say it happened moshing in front of Alison. I need stories.
  • I spent five hours in A and E yesterday as something popped and went wonky in my neck / shoulder again and I was in a helluva lot of pain. It's ridiculous that I had to go there just to be told that I needed my own GP to refer me back to the spine consultant whose office I had earlier phoned and they had directed me on! What a merry go round. Back on the drugs...man :((
  • So I guess that foes rule out the wing walk...they never got back to me anyway ( I guess they sniffed the insurance policy!!)
  • Trapped nerve or something? Can we sponsor you for number of weeks without seeing a doctor, Kat?

(my record this year so far this year is 4 :P)

Post edited by whispered at 2017-06-27 03:40:54

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!