Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

What happened to the days when the onset of summer was a joyful time? Last year was marred by tragedy; this year is a tragedy...

It's Ramadan. A time of fasting and prayer, but also when extremists emerge.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • whispered said:

Sometimes a vision can help?

For us all, but especially WW and PG

Gift

A day so happy.

Fog lifted early, I worked in the garden.

Hummingbirds were stopping over honeysuckle flowers.

There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.

I knew no one worth my envying him.

Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.

To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me.

In my body I felt no pain.

When straightening up, I saw the blue sea and sails.

Czesław Miłosz

Just beautiful whispered. Thankyou :-*
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

iuventus said:

What happened to the days when the onset of summer was a joyful time? Last year was marred by tragedy; this year is a tragedy...

It's Ramadan. A time of fasting and prayer, but also when extremists emerge.

Is it because they are hungry and have sore knees?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @UT That's what I thought too! Joking aside, these extremists think that they'll be doubly rewarded in paradise if killing takes place during Ramadan. It's a deadly form of brainwashing obviously, but that's why you see it during this time.
    U R I E L
  • hugs WW, whatever it is, hugs are the answer ((((((xxx))))))
  • Thanks, KR.  Yes, hugs  are awfully good.
  • Don't they also believe that they will be rewarded in heaven with 72 virgins? That says enough to me?
  • In my school where i work, we have a very high proportion of children who are learning English as an additional language. So we have a lot of Muslim children.

During a RE lesson on Christianity in Year 6, the kids adamantly and defiantly REFUSED to partake in the lesson, REFUSED to read bible passages and in general REFUSED to do the work set out because they believed that Islam and the Muslim faith is the only way.

The whole of Year 6 were made to stay in during lunch time to do the lesson no matter what and any issues or objections then phone calls would be made.

You have to start asking what these kids are being told at home.

I'm even being asked by little ones as to what my religion is which i dont mind answering but it's a bit weird.
  • Funnily enough there was a recent attempt on a Catholic priest in Spain who was conducting a wedding.

So now they are trying to attack other religions. Physically this time.

Police were able to identify and arrest the attacker, who will now be prosecuted for causing public disorder, threatening others, and for insulting religious sensibilities. The priest who blessed the wedding explained afterward that a "group of young troublemakers" started making noise at the back of the church. Next, one of the "young people" shouted "Allahu Akhbar" and charged the altar. "A lot of people," the priest went on to explain, "including the bride's mother, were crying, and there were people who had already jumped out of the pews because we did not know whether this person came alone or not, or if he was armed."

These terrorists are carrying out Satans work. They even threw sacramental ornaments at people. Wtf!!!

• Their main weapon is fear. And they're counting on unsettling local people which in turn will cause hatred and violence against "outsiders'. They will be alienated and more prone to radical's teachings. So they'll have new recruits for their malignous acts. Question is - does it works that way?
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-06-08 17:13:37
  • Tired of instability and uncertainty and insomnia. Somebody lend me a sledgehammer....zzz
  • I'm sorry to hear that, Kat, and I know what you mean.  I was in a similar position but I found what was disturbing and changed it.  Not something I really want to get into but it was really important for me to find the right exit: no change in state, in the way I felt but just a change in circumstances.  In my case, the thing is that I have always slept well, so it was easy to see what was wrong and what was causing it.  All my fault which was also a good thing, since it meant I could change the circumstances easily.  I hope the same can work for you.
  • Turqs said:

Their main weapon is fear. And they're counting on unsettling local people which in turn will cause hatred and violence against "outsiders'. They will be alienated and more prone to radical's teachings. So they'll have new recruits for their malignous acts. Question is - does it works that way?

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
  • Don't they also believe that they will be rewarded in heaven with 72 virgins? That says enough to me?

I've noticed that the sex of the 72 virgins is never nailed down, nor the age of said celibates. In fact, some of your 72 wil probably be other suicide bombers!
    Always, always read the small print!
  • Does the Qur'an actually state that if you for in the name of Allah and sacrifice yourself, then you are rewarded with 72 virgin people?

I can not believe that Muslims actually believe in this tripe!! Maybe I need to read the Qur'an to find out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!