Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • I really don't know much about Enya, so I read a little interview. Apparently she had a stalker that broke into her castle and she had to hide in the safe/panic room..that shit's way cray. Her neighbor is Bono and he said he would've helped, but there was something really good on tv.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Can't argue with that I suppose!! It must be difficult to be famous in this day and age!!

She comes across as a kindred humble soul and I admire that more than the likes of Taylor Swift and The Kardashians. Many could take a leaf out of her book.
  • Whickwithy- I don't know enough background to whatever happened with you and this girl? So its hard to say.

It's not just about getting a girls attention, it's about keeping it and cherishing it. Being deserving and worthy to be in her life and heart. I think people can be at risk of taking another for granted, stamp in their heart and feelings and destroy something thst could have been if they had allowed it to develop.

We live in a world now where everything has to be instant and now! People want live on first date or something to that effect.

All these dating apps/sites and infidelity is killing romance dead.
  • "It's not just about getting a girls attention, it's about keeping it and cherishing it. Being deserving and worthy to be in her life and heart"

Yeah, well, I guess it didn't take...."instant" was surely not the problem.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-04 17:01:16
  • Aww never mind. As long as your in a happy place now i hope. Xx
  • What in the world would give you that idea??!?! 
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-05 13:46:00
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-07 14:55:34
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has something happened to Enya? Has she dematerialized? Become one with the moss and the singing stones?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-07 14:56:06
  • Uh oh. What has Trump done now?
  • It's true.  He really scares me.
  • All of this has been on my mind a great deal lately, so my apologies if I seem to be harping.

"People want love on first date or something to that effect."  I believe in love at first sight (or first instant may be a better way of putting it) is the only way it happens.   That lasts. At least, for me.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't take time to know one another.  That's a whole different program.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-07 08:49:25
  • By the way, my favorite song that came from the calamity of 9/11 was Sarah Mclaughan's, "World on fire".  That and 10,000 Maniacs' song,  "What's the matter here" (which has nothing to do with 9/11) always bring tears to my eyes.  The latter also brings a fistful of rage.  "World on fire" hits me right where I live.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-06-07 04:23:10
  • I believe in love at first sight...

Me too!

And 10,000 Maniacs' In My Tribe was a seminal album for the revival of social/political issues music in the 80s. "What's the Matter Here" is a good companion piece to Suzanne Vega's "Luka." My sentimental song on the album is "Don't Talk." I grew up in an atmosphere of addiction.

• Enya's music has saved my life and inspired me on countless occasions. I feel bad for her though, considering what the poor woman has been through with prowlers and whatnot. I can understand the need to live privately and cut off from the utterly insane world we live in — honestly I plan to live the same way in time with my loved ones — but I can only imagine how lonely she is. The moody Irish weather likely doesn't help, either. 

She's like the last surviving living remnant of a bygone era of elegance and delicacy. Really quite beautiful and it just commands respect to be honest. To be able to remain calm, composed, graceful, and fuelled by solace is quite an extraordinary thing. God, what I'd give to have a cup of tea with her and just talk about things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!