Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Seeing as I've probably pissed off people on Frapp FB group page moaning about the no show of pre order I'll carry it on here.
    The distributors are a fucking disgrace and a bunch of frauds by taking my money weeks ago and failing to deliver absolutely none of my order of vinyl or CD. The downloads didn't work on Music Glue either!!
    From the highs of seeing them in Camden on London to the anticipation of being able to enjoy this over the weekend I am extremely angry and upset by this. I've completely lost interest in listening to Silver Eye now and have been felt let down by this whole debacle over a band I've followed avidly more than anybody else and paid a small fucking fortune on tickets, travel, hotels to do such a thing.
    No more money will be spent by me until they change their fucking management and distribution team.

You weren't around for the Tales of Us boxset were you?
  • What a pleasant surprise this afternoon!
  • Mine hasn't arrived either. Earliest it will come is Monday, 3 days after the bloody release date. I'm not normally a complaint type of person but honestly, they had 2 months to sort this out. Why is that so hard?

• Appy got his CD today Hells. I did not get mine but that is probably because I asked for a delivery to my office, as I had vinyl as well, and that is shut over weekends. Hopeful it will be with me Monday but, as a Ninja, I am blessed with great patience!
    What went wrong with your download Hells? Best onto a PC to start as it is a zip file. This will download into your downloads folder and from there you can unzip and 'save as' into a folder destination of your choice. From there into ITunes and into mobile devices. Mine worked ok so worth persevering. You can download it from the Music Glue site as many times as you need but you have to go to Musicglue.com and then log into your account using your email address and password you set up when you ordered. There is also a 'forgot password' option.
    Persevere Hells and PM me if you need further help :)>-
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • rewak said:

Seeing as I've probably pissed off people on Frapp FB group page moaning about the no show of pre order I'll carry it on here.
    The distributors are a fucking disgrace and a bunch of frauds by taking my money weeks ago and failing to deliver absolutely none of my order of vinyl or CD. The downloads didn't work on Music Glue either!!
    From the highs of seeing them in Camden on London to the anticipation of being able to enjoy this over the weekend I am extremely angry and upset by this. I've completely lost interest in listening to Silver Eye now and have been felt let down by this whole debacle over a band I've followed avidly more than anybody else and paid a small fucking fortune on tickets, travel, hotels to do such a thing.
    No more money will be spent by me until they change their fucking management and distribution team.

You weren't around for the Tales of Us boxset were you?

TOU stuff turned up on time etc, no problem at all
  • Appy got his CD today Hells. I did not get mine but that is probably because I asked for a delivery to my office, as I had vinyl as well, and that is shut over weekends. Hopeful it will be with me Monday but, as a Ninja, I am blessed with great patience!
    What went wrong with your download Hells? Best onto a PC to start as it is a zip file. This will download into your downloads folder and from there you can unzip and 'save as' into a folder destination of your choice. From there into ITunes and into mobile devices. Mine worked ok so worth persevering. You can download it from the Music Glue site as many times as you need but you have to go to Musicglue.com and then log into your account using your email address and password you set up when you ordered. There is also a 'forgot password' option.
    Persevere Hells and PM me if you need further help :)>-

Tried the download from Music Glue through my account but it didn't work. Apparently they have sent it out second class so might get it Tuesday so I hear from another Frapper who also not had any of their order.
    Why the fuck are they sending out pre orders second class?? I just don't get the way they work. I've completely lost interest in this whole album now as feel cheated and let down
  • What platform were you using, PC or Apple or IPad?
    You logged on to Musicglue and then clicked 'my purchases' at the top with the shopping trolley by the side of it?
    You then clicked the line there that corresponds with your album purchase? ( I had two lines, one for the concert tix and one for the album).
    Then you should have had a list showing the previous downloads offered for Anymore, Moon in your Mouth and Ocean? At the bottom should be a list of the Silver Eye tracks then 'download all' at the bottom. Click there and you should then get the opportunity to download zip file as described in the earlier post.

At which point in that process did it fail you Hells? You can email support@musicglue.com but tell us first as we are probably cleverer than them !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Mine came Saturday but many others have not arrived. I recon Music glues inbox has a few irate messages in it this week.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-04-01 19:54:49
  • My signed CD/vinyl is due to arrive on Monday. Sigh.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • OMGoddess, @stevil! Do you hear a little Livvy in the chorus of "Systemagic"?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm hearing horror stories of orders being completely wrong. In some cases, those waiting are receiving other people's orders with the names felt-tipped out and Music Glue is being absolutely spineless about the whole thing. They won't even refund the already RIDICULOUS price of shipping as a courtesy, allegedly stating that "there were no extra shipping fees paid."

Then why is half the total cost of my order attributed to SHIPPING FEES?

I'm tempted to cancel my Blondie Pollinator bundle through these assholes. The price of the shipping alone was already making me wonder if I ought to. But damn, for that signed art print by the band I'm putting myself through some hell. Trouble is, I don't think I can cancel the order as it's been almost 2 months since I ordered. 

My Goldfrapp order damn well better arrive soon. Complete and in pristine condition. I don't mind the wait — it's not that I'm impatient. I'm just worried for the specific items I ordered, and the condition they'll arrive in.

Do not screw with me, Music Glue. Do not.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-04-01 23:41:40
  • Apparently the vinyl is mixed better than the CD/download. Looks like I got to buy the vinyl (and a turntable...)
    Post edited by Felt_Mountain at 2017-04-02 01:48:32
  • No offense but it's absolutely not abnormal to receive a preorder late. I don't think I've ever received a preorder from any band/artist on the date of release, not only from musicglue, but from any preorder service. I've always looked at it as "I have to wait if I want the exclusive thing". I mean I understand the impatience but some of this has to be hyperbole right? Unless they directly told you that you would get the goods on release day I wouldn't expect it.
    Post edited by glenolabar at 2017-04-02 03:20:14
  • Treading on thin ice, Glen. They're all gonna laugh at you.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm fine with that, I should say any preorder service directly from a bands website though. Amazon is normally pretty good (as well as the name scratching out thing is pretty unprofessional).
    Post edited by glenolabar at 2017-04-02 04:27:58

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!